“Easy to see why it is number 1.”
Review of Bombay Darbar

Bombay Darbar
Ranked #12 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3195 Commodore Plaza
Description: Our dining room dining room falls somewhere between red-velvet regal and Slum Dog casual, with white table linens, fresh roses and vinyl-coated menus. There's gentle, tinkling music, authentic if slightly wooze-inducing incense and, for better weather, a petite patio. Our menu is centered mostly on the northern half of the country but includes fiery Goan specialties and henna-red vindaloo. Our knowledgeable, welcoming and sincere staff makes ordering easy for novices. Meals begin with a complimentary stack of crisp pappadom with thimbles of thick-cut onion chutney and a green-as-fresh-cut-grass coriander version for dipping. A side order of mixed chutneys yields store-bought but no less delicious sour mango pickle and sweet mango chutney. Come visit our lovely, value-priced dreamy addition to Coconut Grove!
Reviewed September 26, 2013

As residents of the Coconut Grove neighborhood, my husband and I are privileged to live within about a mile of Miami’s number one restaurant, as rated by Trip Advisor, Bombay Darbar

Today we once again had a delicious lunch there, served graciously and quickly. I choose the Tandoori Chicken, which as always was very moist and tender and seasoned perfectly. I also ordered Saag Paneer because I love spinach; it couldn’t have been more beautifully prepared. My husband chose a new item on the menu – Mango Curry Chicken. He loved it poured over the tasty basmati rice. We had the Tandoori roti, made with whole wheat, as an accompaniment. We had a drink of the mango lassi, made with the famous and delicious Alphonso mango from India, and it was divine. For dessert we had the lovely Kheer (rice pudding) with cashews and raisons.

Lest you think we ordered too much, we took about half of the food home with us and look forward to repeating our delicious experience at dinner tonight.

My husband and I were in India last spring and ate in a number of fine Indian restaurants, and we agree that we had no better Indian food in India than we have had at Bombay Darbar here in Miami.

It is easy to see why Bombay Darbar is number one in Miami. We highly recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank alliharper

Reviewed September 23, 2013

There were four of us in our party and each one of us was very happy with the food and service. We ordered a variety of dishes and they were all good. The only thing I didn't like was that I could smell incense when we first arrived. You really aren't supposed to have scented candles or incense around food because they clash with the aromas of food. Once food was served, I didn't smell the incense anymore and it was fine.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After months of visiting Bombay Darbar regularly, it has never failed to satisfy. The food is portioned-well and delicious--my favorite is the classic Tikka Masala, but those who branch out are most often rewarded. My "must order" is the Peshawari naan.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here ate way too much than I should have. The restaurant is fairly small so seating is very close together which is a pet peeve of mine. Other than that it was a pretty good dinner .

2  Thank Chels J
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The vegetable samosas and the daal soup were excellent. The butter chicken and the mango chicken dishes were good, but was expecting better based on the rave reviews on TA. Service was courteous, although sometimes difficult to understand through the accent. Waiters stopped by often to fill our glasses with water. Arrived close to opening and place got crowded very fast. Interior is small, cozy, and clean. This may be the best rated Indian restaurant in Miami, but I have had much better in other cities. Sometimes the reviews create unrealistic expectations.

Been to Bombay Darbar? Share your experiences!