“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3195 Commodore Plaza
Description: Our dining room dining room falls somewhere between red-velvet regal and Slum Dog casual, with white table linens, fresh roses and vinyl-coated menus. There's gentle, tinkling music, authentic if slightly wooze-inducing incense and, for better weather, a petite patio. Our menu is centered mostly on the northern half of the country but includes fiery Goan specialties and henna-red vindaloo. Our knowledgeable, welcoming and sincere staff makes ordering easy for novices. Meals begin with a complimentary stack of crisp pappadom with thimbles of thick-cut onion chutney and a green-as-fresh-cut-grass coriander version for dipping. A side order of mixed chutneys yields store-bought but no less delicious sour mango pickle and sweet mango chutney. Come visit our lovely, value-priced dreamy addition to Coconut Grove!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

There were four of us in our party and each one of us was very happy with the food and service. We ordered a variety of dishes and they were all good. The only thing I didn't like was that I could smell incense when we first arrived. You really aren't supposed to have scented candles or incense around food because they clash with the aromas of food. Once food was served, I didn't smell the incense anymore and it was fine.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After months of visiting Bombay Darbar regularly, it has never failed to satisfy. The food is portioned-well and delicious--my favorite is the classic Tikka Masala, but those who branch out are most often rewarded. My "must order" is the Peshawari naan.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Had a great meal here ate way too much than I should have. The restaurant is fairly small so seating is very close together which is a pet peeve of mine. Other than that it was a pretty good dinner .

2  Thank Chels J
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The vegetable samosas and the daal soup were excellent. The butter chicken and the mango chicken dishes were good, but was expecting better based on the rave reviews on TA. Service was courteous, although sometimes difficult to understand through the accent. Waiters stopped by often to fill our glasses with water. Arrived close to opening and place got crowded very fast. Interior is small, cozy, and clean. This may be the best rated Indian restaurant in Miami, but I have had much better in other cities. Sometimes the reviews create unrealistic expectations.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very happy I didn't give up on this place; the first time I had passed by they were closed unexpectedly, so this time we made reservations! It was for my uncle's birthday on a Thursday and the place was pretty full; we were a big party and they had no problem accommodating us. We ordered a lot for the table but my recommendations would have to include; Tandoori Chicken Wings, Vegetable Samosa, Raita, Saag Gosht (lamb), and Chicken Vindaloo.

They have a gorgeous setting, both in and out and have finally done away with the Italian flag outside (after the world cup, I don't blame them). It was a great experience, all seven of us left full and with lots to talk about. The place was small; making the service superb, I had noticed even the owner was serving us at times. As stated with my review on Yakko-San; to me what defines a good cultural restaurant is when people from the culture are fans, when they feel the food is of quality to the native land it puts a stamp of approval much larger than any of my reviews.

I will be going back again and again; recommended to anyone living in the area or living near by, I drove 45 minutes there and 45 minutes home. The ride home though, was with a smile.

Been to Bombay Darbar? Share your experiences!