“My favorite restaurant in Coconut Grove!”
Review of Bombay Darbar

Bombay Darbar
Ranked #19 of 4,203 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3195 Commodore Plaza
Description: Our dining room dining room falls somewhere between red-velvet regal and Slum Dog casual, with white table linens, fresh roses and vinyl-coated menus. There's gentle, tinkling music, authentic if slightly wooze-inducing incense and, for better weather, a petite patio. Our menu is centered mostly on the northern half of the country but includes fiery Goan specialties and henna-red vindaloo. Our knowledgeable, welcoming and sincere staff makes ordering easy for novices. Meals begin with a complimentary stack of crisp pappadom with thimbles of thick-cut onion chutney and a green-as-fresh-cut-grass coriander version for dipping. A side order of mixed chutneys yields store-bought but no less delicious sour mango pickle and sweet mango chutney. Come visit our lovely, value-priced dreamy addition to Coconut Grove!
Miami, Florida
“My favorite restaurant in Coconut Grove!”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The food here is simply awesome! There are not many choices for decent Indian food in Miami. This is by far the best. The place fills up quickly on weekends. Make a reservation, or get there right when they open at 6. My favorite dishes there include the lamb roganjosh, goan fish curry, malai kofta, any of the biryani dishes, chicken tikka, and the breads.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank couscous74

• Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Try it”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Too good service and too good food.And you can get paid parking easily nearby .

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Deepsharpal
New York City, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We go to Coconut Grove about four times a year and always go to Bombay Darbar!
The food is delicious, we love it spicy, and it always is if you want it that way.
The Onion Naan is great and all reheats very well IF any is left over!!!
The staff is very nice and always remembers us from time to time and year to year.
We will be returning in a couple of weeks once again for a good meal!
Very nice atmosphere in or out.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank tabascomom
London, United Kingdom
“Much better than I was expecting”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Really fancied an Indian and this had high overall rating on this site some decided to give it a go. Was slightly concerned that the food was going to be too mild based on some of the comments on the restaurant, normally would have a madras so opted for a vindaloo (4 out of 5 strength) and we also had a spicy chicken tikka masala. Both were fantastic. Vege samosas were also very good and came with a lovely dip. Sauces that came with poppadoms not quite as good and their version of mango chutney was quite spicy and not that sweet (and had to be seperately ordered). Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank LadyPrimrose
Orlando, FL
“I stop here every time I come to Miami”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I've written a review of this restaurant in October 2011 but as I can't edit it I felt another review was required. I travel to Miami on business periodically and this restaurant is now a staple.

My colleagues and I stop here every time we come to Miami and I have yet to have a bad or disappointing meal. I was here on Tuesday and it was, as always, excellent.

I had vegetable samosas, which were extremely tasty and came with an excellent sauce, as a starter. My entree was the fish goan curry with sides of naan and roti bread. It was absolutely delicious and I will certainly have this again. I finished with my usual golub jamun, which were two small dough balls of heavenly sweetness.

• Visited March 2012