“Disgusting Food!”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Disgusting Food!”
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Call in the bulldozers and put this place out if it's misery! Horrible food! Questionable patrons.
Skip this place if unsure.

Hialeah
“What a view”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Well I really like this place its so relaxing, entertaining you watch the boats go by ,people in the pool, yes pool. You can go there take a dip in the pool have lunch and beer, you can spend all day there. The food is good a bit expensive but not as expensive as their Pitchers. Thats the only thing i have a against this place a Pitcher of XX is 18.00 thats a bit extreme but the way I figure it is youre paying for the atmosphere. Overall I give it a 5 star

• Visited May 2014
Illinois
“Came for the Boats, Stayed for Dinner”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were wandering around the Miami River area hoping to find a view spot for the passing boats. By chance we found Finnegan's and enjoyed a couple of delightful hours sitting at the outside bar watching the parade of boats going by or stopping. The next evening we were out again hoping for a different spot. Hard to imagine why in a place with so much water, there seem to be so few dining spots with water views. We ended back at Finnegan's, but this time near dinner time. My wife had a Chicken Club sandwich which she enjoyed. I had Tilapia which came a a very generous pile of delicious perfectly grilled fish. I do not understand other reviews critical of the food at Finnegan's. We had a great experience and were very pleased.

The only negative for us was the continuous, very loud Rap music. A bit of variety would have been nice at a much lower volume. Fortunately we were at a table near the river balcony and were somewhat out of the direct blast.

• Visited March 2014
Miami, Florida
“Bad food”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great place to go to watch a game and drink. But terrible place to eat. Just don't eat, which is hard to do when you are drinking.

Visited November 2013
Surfside, Florida
“"Bar Rescue" Reruns Tell Me This Could Be An Awesome Place”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Great location, great facility and ideal venue but what's hurting? Bar Rescue's John Taffer has taught me a few things and I can only say, I hope the management watches the same episodes I do!!!
We popped in on a Saturday afternoon to watch college football. Seeing there were no outside bars open, which we thought strange given the packed swimming pool, we went inside. Our game wasn't on one of the televisions (all these TVs and only 2 games were turned on out of a possible 8 or 9?). We asked the bartender if she could turn our game on. Guess what? Bartenders aren't empowered to do that. The manager had to be called! But you know how long that took. Why? Well, the second thing Taffer would frown upon. It appeared there was only 1 bartender on duty and perhaps 3-4 servers. Soon, the manager was playing bartender to help clear up the orders. She was too busy to change the channel right away. Ugh!

But as you can guess....we sat at the bar a good 5-10 minutes before we got a drink impatiently waiting for our game to be turned on. My own opinion, the manager on duty was a former bartender that was given too much responsibility.

While we waited to be served and the channel to be turned, we got a chance to look around. Again, a nice venue. The pool was crowded and there were a lot of kids in there. What was scary was the entire time we were there (3 hours?) we didn't see any of the kids head into the bathrooms. Let's hope they use a lot of chlorine in the pool.

It was nice seeing the boats go up and down the Miami River and groups would pull in. We even saw an entire kids birthday party set up at one of the picnic tables by the pool. And hey, look! They brought their own food! I'd kinda think twice about allowing a waterfront part become a place for kids' birthday parties. I have kids of my own and not sure if this was the right venue. You have Jose Marti Park a block away.

Lastly, having the open bar layout is great but management really must address the beer tap challenge of keeping beer cold. Finnegans taps pour warm and I didn't catch this right away until another patron pointed it out and explained why that's the reason he orders bottled beer. I switched from draft to bottle after half time.

We didn't order food from the menu but it looked pretty good. The menu is basic and unimaginative but you're not coming here to eat a meal. There are much better options in Miami.

We'll definitely come back to because it's a great location. Our expectations of what good customer service and cold beer were not met. These are fixable and I hope management steps up to the plate.

• Visited September 2013