“Dinning Excellence”
Review of Zuma

Zuma
Reserve with OpenTable
Zuma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,308 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: zuma, located in the heart of downtown miami, brings chef rainer becker’s internationally acclaimed style of modern japenese cuisine to America. already renowned in london, hong kong, istanbul, and dubai, zuma miami offers a sophisticated cuisine philosophy of flavorsome, modern Japanese dishes in a fun and vibrant environment inspired by the informal dining style called izakaya. the menu is comprehensive and alluring. dishes are authentic but not traditional with bold, intense flavors and an emphasis on simple presentation acquired through quality ingredients. izakaya style means that dishes are designed to be shared at the table.
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My dinning experience in Zuma has been beyond compare, from the attentive staff to the superb food. My wife and i were laughing at all the people taking pictures of the food as it was coming out, than when the desert came out, we found ourselves taking out our phone cameras and taking pictures as well. Truly spectacular. The restaurant itself is absolutely magnificent, the decor, the food, the service, a once in a lifetime experience.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is one of those places you want to take someone just to impress. The food presentation is nice, but small potions. Good quality food, however nothing that really stands out when it comes to their sushi rolls. You could get the same from whole foods. However, you pay for the atmosphere and buzz since this is one of those places where the rich like to hangout more than a few times a month.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Zuma has been one of the favorite restaurants since it opened in Miami. The food is always amazing. My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at Zuma. From the moment we walked in we felt special. Everyone was wishing us happy anniversary and coming up to the table to talk to us.

The food as always was amazing and the service was exceptional. I am not one to ever write a restaurant review but Zuma is incredible and deserving of an a fabulous review.The fish is always amazing and the freshest in Miami. I am gluten-free and our waitress was very helpful in telling me what to order.

The general manager, Gregory took such good care of us. He sent over the most gorgeous dessert for our anniversary with our names on it. It made the night so special. Zuma is exceptional and if you are looking for a special night out with amazing food and service this is your restaurant.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful venue and interior space
Spectacular location on the Miami river
Lots of Hype
Food preparation very good
Noise level annoying aided by the food prep yelling that orders are ready
No regard to the service of main course or sides everything served as ready -

1  Thank Dqny
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is one over-hyped restaurant. The space is great and the intriguing but they do not deliver the goods. They have extremely high prices with extremely small portions. The staff is too cool for its own good. My branzino was overcooked and dry, an unpardonable sin at these prices. My fried soft-shell crab was tasty but for the price the two or three bites was measly. I am a 20% tipper for good service but my service was too slow with the drinks and too fast with the food. I would have tipped less than usual but I didn't have the choice since they add an 18% service charge. Do yourself a favor and find another spot, Zuma just doesn't cut it.

Been to Zuma? Share your experiences!