“La Rosa fine cuban restaurant”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #73 of 4,458 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

La Rosa restaurant is worthy of a visit. I ordered a grilled octopus for appetizer and it was cooked to perfection. Their roasted pork for the main entrée was really tasted and tender. The red sangria was not too sweet. An older gentleman played piano and sang while we had dinner. It was quite entertaining. I highly recommend this place if you want to experience an authentic Cuban food.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Been three times
Quality varies markedly from one time to another
Piano lady good but too loud for such a small space
Whole place needs upgrading
Won't go back

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Take my average rating with a grain of ... err pork. I am a vegetarian. This place is big on the meat, and when I say big I mean HUGE. The serving of pork my husband received was large enough to serve probably four adults. He said it was delicious but the size was a bit off-putting. In terms of vegetarian, they had about nothing, so I ordered pickled green beans (delicious) and I think broccoli (not memorable whatever it was). Again, portions totally out of control. Plantain appetizer and dessert were good. Wine was OK (limited by the glass selection but huge wine list by the bottle). Atmosphere was loud but family friendly on a Saturday night. Prices were reasonable. Very close to Miami Airport Marriott complex (walking distance and there's a neighborhood you can walk through - at least during the day - to avoid busy street).

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We selected La Rosa after scanning the reviews on TripAdvisor ... lesson learned to read the reviews more closely next time. It seems this restaurant is often recommended by hotels and shuttle drivers and appeals to people looking for a bargain meal who are pleased by large portions of mediocre food. The restaurant was easy to find and has a nice size parking lot. The service was attentive and very good. But the food was just okay ... very average in our opinion. We tried the tamal with pork, the stuffed steak, fried pork chunks, and garlic shrimp. The pork for both the tamal appetizer and the dinner was overcooked. The steak was large but we were disappointed with the stuffing.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a definite 'must visit' for anyone seeking great Cuban when in Miami! From start to finish it is great! And for cost it is outstanding. We were 6 adults and 6 children with desserts and all the accompaniments for just over $200 including a 20% tip! Enjoy!

Been to La Rosa? Share your experiences!