“great food, better mojitos”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #132 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was terrific and the mojitos were even better. Portion size is huge, but splitting plates was allowed.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have eaten at La Rosa many, many times over the past 15 years and enjoyed the experience but this time was mediocre at best. The restrooms are non-functioning at the moment and Port-o-lets are the order of the day for patrons. Needless to say if you're dining with ladies they will have to wander down NW 7th Street from business to business asking permission to use a restroom. The food was mediocre at best and I will not return again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

On a friend's recommendation we went to this well appointed and stellar Cuban eatery in the haert of Little Havana. Ample parking lot, well lit and safe. A menu like a book with every conceivable Cuban delicacy. The fried pork appetizer was exquisite, tasty and not greasy. Lamb shank was one of the best ever as was the veal chop. Camarones en salsa verdi ( shrimp in green sauce) was typical and cooked to perfection. Black beans with rices and Cuban sweet potato Ample wine list and very reasonably prices. Already planning our return trip. And will ask for Frank with the mustache to serve us !

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Not good. Next time Pollo Tropical. NO rest room. Only portable toilet out side. Very good cold rice (congri)! Jajajaja! Sorry guys but is terrible. See the photos of the rest. Rooms. Ooohhh my God it's terrible. I do

Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I dined at 6pm on a Saturday night. Restaurant was not starting to fill up yet. I have read this is a popular place and can be crowded. I had veal chop that was excellent. About 16oz. very tender and cooked perfect with a nice grilled flavor. Black beans are soupy and very tasty. My wife had seafood platter with a tomato based sauce. Calamari was large fresh slices and tender, whitefish was very fresh also. Actually, a couple could share an appetizer and 1 entree and have PLENTY of food. Our waiter Franklin was very helpful and friendly. We met an other local couple dining next to us and had very pleasant conversation also. Great place!