“Wonderful Flavor and a Delightful Atmosphere”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #146 of 4,220 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Wonderful Flavor and a Delightful Atmosphere”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I dined at 6pm on a Saturday night. Restaurant was not starting to fill up yet. I have read this is a popular place and can be crowded. I had veal chop that was excellent. About 16oz. very tender and cooked perfect with a nice grilled flavor. Black beans are soupy and very tasty. My wife had seafood platter with a tomato based sauce. Calamari was large fresh slices and tender, whitefish was very fresh also. Actually, a couple could share an appetizer and 1 entree and have PLENTY of food. Our waiter Franklin was very helpful and friendly. We met an other local couple dining next to us and had very pleasant conversation also. Great place!

Virginia Beach
“Food is great, but..”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Really good food. I had the fried red snapper but everything else I saw looked great, too. This is a popular restaurant...it was pretty crowded. There were hotel shuttle buses dropping people off and picking up both as I walked in and out. I was with a large part--about 20 people--and service was pretty slow. Took a while to get my order in, pretty long to get the food, and then it seemed like they had a hard time figuring out my bill. Might have been because there were so many of us. The other downside was they were doing something to the bathrooms--don't know if they're replumbing, redecorating, enlarging or what, but the only "facilities" were porta potties outside. That was as of Friday, Feb 8 2013. So if you pull in to the parking lot and see the outhouses...

Seattle
“Cuban Food Heaven”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My Partner and I live in Seattle -- there is not a lot of Cuban Food there. While doing a 2 week Southern Florida Road Trip our shuttle driver of the Element Hotel near the Miami Airport (Another OMG experience) suggsted La Rosa for Great Cuban Food. and my oh my-- it was Heaven. The Snapper Fillet drenched in diced garlic cloves and olive oil was magic and music on my lips.My plate was clean.The staff was very helpful in avoiding gluten allergies (me) and garlic allergies (my partner).The menu was so extensive that it took 20 min to decide which meal and 2 sides (with the meal) to select. They even had a side dish selection of 2 eggs for $2.00.. So over easy eggs and garlic drenched fish put me in heaven for the evening. The restaurant is clean, staff friendly and we can't wait to return

Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Still talking about this meal!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant on our last night in Miami on suggestion from one of our hotel's staff. It was about a mile from our hotel and we both love Cuban food so we went for it, and are we ever glad we did. Our server was FANTASTIC. He let us take our time, gave us suggestions, and got everything right. We shared a mixed salad which had lettuce, heart of palm, white asparagus, tomatoes etc- it was great- fresh and delicious. I had the special which was grilled grouper and a garlic sauce and my wife had a Cuban sandwich. It was truly one of the best meals either of us has ever had, so full of flavor and cooked perfectly. We were stuffed by the time we finished our entrees but we had to try dessert so we had a Cuban brown sugar pound cake with coconut ice cream and it was - you guessed it - amazing. We truly enjoyed our meal, service and atmosphere- this place is a gem.

• Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Lively, fun ambience with tasty food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We were stuck in Miami due to a missed connection. Our front desk person at the Element recommended this restaurant.

When we arrived the piano player was playing and there was a 50th birthday celebration happening! Everyone in the place seemed like regulars. There was a good, happy vibe. It immediately brightened our mood.
We ordered a bottle of Malbec, and were pleasantly surprised by the low prices for wine. We had Tamale appetizer which was delicious. We ordered the tenderloin tips and the snapper special with shrimp. The food was cooked perfectly came out hot. I asked for yellow rice With black beans and diced onions and the server was very accommodating. Throughout the evening the service was attentive upbeat and happy. The piano player asked for requests and played our requests with great gusto. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Been to La Rosa? Share your experiences!