“As reliable as "old faithful"”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #139 of 4,189 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coral Gables, Florida
“As reliable as "old faithful"”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Thai is one of those restaurant that I tend to visit a few times in a short time and then for a reason I dont know why i stay away for a couple of months then I rediscover it and is a very pleasant experience to find out it still as good as so many years ago on my first visit.

It is a little more priced than your topical Cuban restaurant in this area but the quality, quantity and service justify the slight premium, not much, they charge.

All Cuban dishes are well represented, some with the Spanish accent of many Cuban restaurant and you can also try the Cuban style fried rice with fried plantains that is plenty full and Ecxellent.

The complementary Marquita that are served as soon a s you sit down are addictive so be carefull,

They also have a short list of reasonably priced wines and ecxellent selection of beers.

¡Que le aproveche !

• Visited January 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Cuban food / fabulosa comida cubano en Miami”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

La Rosa is a great place for Cuban food! A lengthy menu with almost anything you'd like--meats, seafood, wonderful fresh juices, and amazing desserts. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious Authentic Cuban Food & Attentive Service”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great Food! Superb Service! I've eaten here ten times in past four years. Local establishment a few minutes south of Miami International Airport. It's truelly local. Not a tourist trap in any way. Full & comprehensive Cuban menu. Offers traditional Cuban dishes that many other establishments won't prepare due to their complexity. During the day it fills up with a business crowd for lunch and with large families for dinner. Extraordinary desserts and Cuban espresso too.

• Visited October 2011
Alabama
“Great for a long layover at the airport”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had a long layover at Miami International and we decided to get some good food between flights. We wanted Cuban food, since that is what Miami is known for, and La Rosa was the highest rated Cuban restaurant close to the airport. We had made a reservation, but wouldn't have needed it on the Thursday night that we were there.

The food was excellent. My group had roasted pork and grouper with garlic on the waiter's recommendation. The grouper was very tasty. The pork was tender with crispy skin. Sides of sweet plantains and beans were also very good. Margaritas and mango pie were so-so. Would probably try the sangria instead if I went back.

Service was slow, but waiters provided good advice.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank feelnopain
Toronto, Ontario
“The BEST Lamb Shank I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were in Miami overnight prior to going on a cruise. We stayed at a hotel near the airport and they recommended La Rosa to us. The lady who drove us over said that this is the restaurant where everybody comes for "authentic" Cuban food. It has been around for quite awhile. The restaurant isn't in a particularly nice looking part of town but don't let that deter you. The food is some of the best my husband and I have ever had. The portion sizes are huge and there is a wonderful lady that plays the piano while you dine.

We started with the pork pieces and my husband ordered the lamb shank and I the sweet potato with shredded pork. Both dishes were delicious but the lamb shank stole the show! I cannot describe how great it was but a picture is worth a thousand words! We want to go back to Miami but the main reason is to visit La Rosa again.

I would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant and I look forward to returning to sample more of their menu!!

• Visited September 2011

Been to La Rosa? Share your experiences!