“Great for a long layover at the airport”
Review of La Rosa

La Rosa
Ranked #130 of 4,251 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Alabama
“Great for a long layover at the airport”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I had a long layover at Miami International and we decided to get some good food between flights. We wanted Cuban food, since that is what Miami is known for, and La Rosa was the highest rated Cuban restaurant close to the airport. We had made a reservation, but wouldn't have needed it on the Thursday night that we were there.

The food was excellent. My group had roasted pork and grouper with garlic on the waiter's recommendation. The grouper was very tasty. The pork was tender with crispy skin. Sides of sweet plantains and beans were also very good. Margaritas and mango pie were so-so. Would probably try the sangria instead if I went back.

Service was slow, but waiters provided good advice.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank feelnopain

Toronto, Ontario
“The BEST Lamb Shank I have ever tasted!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were in Miami overnight prior to going on a cruise. We stayed at a hotel near the airport and they recommended La Rosa to us. The lady who drove us over said that this is the restaurant where everybody comes for "authentic" Cuban food. It has been around for quite awhile. The restaurant isn't in a particularly nice looking part of town but don't let that deter you. The food is some of the best my husband and I have ever had. The portion sizes are huge and there is a wonderful lady that plays the piano while you dine.

We started with the pork pieces and my husband ordered the lamb shank and I the sweet potato with shredded pork. Both dishes were delicious but the lamb shank stole the show! I cannot describe how great it was but a picture is worth a thousand words! We want to go back to Miami but the main reason is to visit La Rosa again.

I would highly recommend this wonderful restaurant and I look forward to returning to sample more of their menu!!

• Visited September 2011
HHI
“Great recommendation from hotel, hope we have a chance to go back.”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We were staying at Springhill Suites, and they offered a sheet of recommendations of types of restaurants in the area around the Miami airport. We had never tried a Cuban restaurant before, so decided on La Rosa just 2.7 miles away. We were very pleased with our choice. We were greeted by an elderly Cuban man that opened the door ~ hopefully they are keeping the Grandfather employed:-) The menu is large and an excellent variety with reasonable prices for the nice quality of food. We were so glad the menu has a description of the items, so we could take our time reviewing. The restaurant is charming, white tablecloths, red napkins, flowers on the tables, a pianist that played just the right amount of a few songs (looks like a Mama Rosa:-)), nice lighting. Waiters were attentive and pleasant (some didn't appear to speak a lot of English). Ordered a Snapper entree and a Steak entree ~ both excellent, Plantains delicious. A nice restaurant that we hope to revisit, which made for a nice evening before our flight out the next day.

• Visited September 2011
Placentia, California
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I took my family to La Rosa in November for some Cuban food. The restaurant itself is clean, but a bit run down. This is not the place to go for a business engagement; however, if you are interested in some great Cuban (and South American) fare in a family friendly restaurant, this could be your place. My wife and I shared the churasco steak and it was flavorful and cooked to perfection. The kids shared the fried shrimp. They loved it. The menu is HUGE with many, many items to choose from. My in-laws had the pork chops and red snapper. Both meals were fantastic. My daughter also had the chicken and noodle soup which was also very flavorful. The service was great. We will be back.

Westchester, NY
“Excellent Cuban food”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We were not experts in Cuban food. The waiters were so helpful. The fried plantains were absolutely delicious. My skirt steak was so tasty! We will definitely eat here again.

Visited November 2011