“very nice,truly new and modern hotel”

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #39 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Boston, Massachusetts
“very nice,truly new and modern hotel”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We used to travel a lot and stay in very good and fancy hotels in Europe,but since i stopped working in order to stay home with our two little ones,we are financially cautious. This hotel is definitely not your average "best western". New and modern, which is hard to find in Miami for decent $. Most of the so called "new" hotels are old ones with minor cosmetic updates (like new mattresses). We had a beautiful contemporary suite,very spacious, with mini fridge, coffee maker,flat tv, king size bed and pull out sofa. I booked it on best western website."grand opening special" rate plan gave the best price ($144/night including all taxes and breakfast.parking is free!) . it also offers a free shuttle to the airport. we stayed in the hotel for one night after the cruise and were taking an early flight home. Rented a car for the day to go to "Jungle island" (perfect for our 2 and 3 year old) and for a very nice ride and walk to a Crandon Park in Key Biscayne. Would definitely recommend this hotel, unless you are planning to spend the whole time in Miami beach.I spent days searching for a good hotel in Miami (turned out to be the hardest task ever), so i hope to save somebody a headache with my review.

Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank irina55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stay here it was a shopping trip/ vacation trip.
Verry nice, clean Hotel!!
The people are really nice and the service was great.

one thing the restaurant has not many seats zo you need to get up urly to have a good breakfast and a nice seat!!

One thing missing is a save deposit to keep you things save!!

Location was perfect.

Trumbull, Connecticut
Reviewed February 5, 2011

People have a choice where to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE! My family and I stayed 5 nights and on our last night, while we were away, someone broke into our rooms and stole about $3000 dollars worth of electronics, jewelry and other items. Management and the owners have not take action nor responsibility on this matter. It looks like a tool was used to pry our doors open and gain entry. Worst experience ever. If you want to get robbed, go ahead stay at this horrible place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank COsses1125
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night for work in January 2011. Arrived at noon and was told that check-in couldn't happen until 3 pm. Didn't get my room until 3:30 pm. No shampoo in bathroom. Adjoining door to next room made even quiet conversations in next room sound like they were taking place in my own room. Desk staff called my room at 5 pm to tell me my shuttle was ready (ummmm...I didn't order a shuttle). Spouse called the hotel that evening and was told by staff that they didn't have me listed as staying there...ten minutes on hold later - call was put through to my room. Website lists complimentary breakfast however no staff made mention of this during check-in or at any other point during the stay.
The place has potential (outdoor pool, free business centre computers, good exercise room, close to airport) and I can understand the growing pains for a new hotel with new staff however I stay at a hotel to get rest and the rooms allow far too much noise (even just normal conversations) from adjoining rooms and hallways.
Wouldn't stay here again unless they could make the place quieter.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marauder11
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before going on a cruise. They had a free shuttle from the Miami Airport, and Free Continental Breakfast, and very cheap shuttle arrangements to the Port of Miami. They also did not charge for use of the computers in the lobby which was great. We were not expecting anything too fancy, especially since we find Florida in general to be a hot, humid, mildewy kind of place, with Miami having had its hayday a long time back. So we were very surprised with the hotel -- it was fully renovated, modern, and very clean. The room was beautifully outfitted with a mini fridge, a widescreen lcd tv, big windows, and the bed was fantastic. It is far enough away from the airport that we didn't hear airplanes going all night long, and although the location wasn't the greatest for nearby attractions such as Miami beach, if you just needed a place to stay before leaving Miami, it was a great value. We got a room through Expedia for $137, then we stayed at another Best Western on South Beach after the cruise for $200 and it was very disappointing that we spent so much more on a much grungier hotel on Miami Beach, plus $70 shuttle from the port and a $32 cab ride to the airport, when we had such a clean, modern hotel at the Premier. One piece of advice I would give to travellers is if you want a place to sit in the restaurant for breakfast before a cruise leaves, you need to get in early, otherwise you will be eating cereal standing up with whatever utensils you can scrounge -- if you're lucky enough to grab a plate and utensils in time.

2 Thank Work4wkend
Toronto
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I have nothing but great things to say about this property. It's clean, conveniently located close to the Airport, not too far away from major shopping malls or Downtown Miami, and everything in the property is brand new

I recommend staying in the suites as they are more spacious and comfortable. I absolutely LOVED the pillows and bed I slept in - had the best sleep in a very long time. Also, the hotel offers complimentary Airport Shuttle, Breakfast, and High Speed Internet.

My only complaint is that Breakfast ends early (6-9am), would be nice if breakfast was available for an hour longer. Also, the hotel should consider having more than one person at the Front Desk more often to decrease longer than average waits. However, all Front Desk Staff were pleasant and very helpful

I stayed for 3 nights and would stay again in a heartbeat when in Miami for a short stay

Email me if you have any questions

1 Thank Just_Ask_O
Sao Paulo
Reviewed January 25, 2011

After a night flight to Miami, I couldn’t drive to Orlando. So, I stayed in this hotel only to sleep. It is a brand new hotel. So, everything works perfect well. The room is comfortable (could be a little bigger), very tidy and very clean. The hotel hasn’t got all the facilities that a Miami hotel has. But, I am certain that all the people who choose to stay in a hotel near the airport don’t need the facilities of a standard hotel. In fact, the people that I talked to were there waiting for a flight or for a cruise. The breakfast was okay, except for the fact that in some periods the restaurant is completely full. The only thing that I have to complain about is the front desk. As a matter of fact, as the international flights arrive early morning, people go to the hotel expecting an early check in. The hotel has a good policy. They allow early check in as soon as they have rooms available. But, unfortunately, instead of putting the guests on a queue or write down who arrived first, they call the people in a mysterious way. It seemed to me that who keeps insisting with the front desk people is the first to be accommodated, what frankly it is the end of the world. So, apart from this, I have nothing to complain about.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family