“Very nice but no free breakfast!”

Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites
Ranked #41 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Canada
“Very nice but no free breakfast!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed 1 night after a flight to Miami. The shuttle picked us up at the airport, basically we walked outside the terminal and saw it driving by, and we flagged it down. It was more luck than anything! Upon checking in, there was a shuttle full of people arriving at the hotel, and only 1 front desk agent. Seems other guests have had this problem as well. The room is beautiful and large in terms of decor, nice bathroom, room was clean and very well kept. There is no Free breakfast, as other Best Westerns do would have been appreciated. To me, a free breakfast is the least a hotel can do... The shuttle from the hotel to the airport runs on a schedule, inquire at the front desk. The room overlooked a vacant cement lot, the area seemed a bit industrial/strange, but we were only there for a good nights sleep. Bed was comfy, iPhone alarm charger clock in room, fridge, safe in room was a good experience for a night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank christinern

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Polish first
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night before our flight the next morning as it was close to the airport. It was an old hotel that appeared to have been attempted have been remodeled. The room was very dark and dirty. We didn't want to put our suitcases on the floor. The next morning my husband noted that he had a bite of some sort on his head and I had some on the back of my neck. Thank goodnes our 10 year old didnt appear to have any. We believe we got them from this hotel. We should also mention the pool was freezing cold! We will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank FrequentFlyer1855
Kiel, Germany
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is an airport hotel of Best Western, so no specials and four-star-class ammenities are expected. The rooms are spacious and clean. Very nice: two luggage racks are provided! But what really stands out is the awesome breakfast. Definately worth a try! Definately worth a stay if you are ariving late.

Room Tip: Higher level is better because you get less noise from the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank warfair
chicago, United States
Reviewed December 15, 2013

room are very nice and comfortable. Not enough staff to work front desk. There was only one staff work in front and cashier for snack shop at the same time. Can't believe such big hotel with no concierge. Only one small restaurant. Staff with no information around the area or restaurant. Elevator have expired inspection for four months. Ended with customer got stuck in elavator. Terrible customer service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank Elaine C
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights before our cruise and one night after. The hotel was clean and the beds were very comfortable. Both times we went to do our laundry and there was no soap. The second time we went out and bought some and left it in the laundry room.
There are complimentary computers to use while you are there. .. but only two.. so hard to get on one.
They have a restaurant at the hotel.. not so good, ordered oatmeal and it was cold and never did receive the toast. There is some fast food close by so we went there. Magic city casino is close with some good live entertainment options (at times). The city/south beach is certainly not far

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank TrishMike
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Very clean modern and comfortable Had a room that morning sunlight came in Free Parking Interesting part of town Nice drive through town to downtown beaches and A1A Close to airport and shuttle available

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

In my haste to check out and catch the $10.00 shuttle to the port of Miami, I had forgotten my medications in the room refrigerator. The medications were in a clear plastic bag CLEARLY showing the prescription label on the boxes. The labels had my name and prescriptions showing CLEARLY through the clear plastic bag. Later that evening when I realized I had forgotten my medications I called the Hotel and was given the run around and was told that the cleaning thought it was food. The medication cost $300.00 plus. As an insulin dependent diabetic it was important to me that the hotel would have stored it and at least sent a message to my email letting me know that they have it. But no! The cleaning lady threw my medications out. I was told that she thought it was food. How ridiculous when does anyone ever label food with a prescription label. When I asked who would be responsible for replacing the cost of my medication I kept getting the run around. I was told that I would be getting an email detailing what the hotel intended to do about it - guess what NO Email. I will keep following up on this.
Anyone with half a brain can recognize the difference between food and a prescription label in a sealed box. I knew they will try to say it was my fault for forgetting the medications, but when it was found, all they needed to do was to store it for me in the fridge for my return. Because I was unable to get my medications back it cause very high sugar levels and vision problems. If I had gotten my meds back I could have tried to regulate my sugar levels. My Heavenly Father helped me get back home where I got some help with my medications.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends