No complaints about the aesthetics or cleanliness of the hotel -- the rooms are lovely, the lobby is nice, and there is a little (albeit pricey) restaurant downstairs that is open until 11 PM.
That being said, my complaints are not about the quality of the hotel rooms. My husband and I were forced to stay here recently because the airlines had overbooked our flight so they put us up in the Best Western Premier for an evening.
When we arrived, we gave our credit card for the mandatory $40 deposit, and all three credit cards we tried subsequently were rejected. The girl up front initially said it was probably "our bank" that was the problem when we used the first card, then by the third card she changed her story and called management and said that she had been having this problem all day with other customers. Hmm... that's interesting.
Since we only had $20 cash on us, she said she would take that and give us our money back in the morning, so long as we didn't charge anything to the room. Well, we did have a little dinner and charged a total of $11 (including gratuity) to our room.
The next morning, upon checkout, we reminded the girl (it was a different one) that they owed us a balance of $9. She said the system was not reflecting this. Upon further arguing, we realized that the restaurant had taken it upon themselves to add on an EXTRA $7.50 gratuity on top of what we already paid. Once this was discovered, a manager came and said he would refund us the money on the spot.
Well, it took them so long that the hotel shuttle said they were going to leave without us so we hopped on the shuttle and left without any refund.
It's not about the 9 bucks -- it's the principle. What kind of hotel takes money from customers and doesn't offer to refund it in another way... a check, hotel credit, etc?? Ridiculous. Best Western needs to rethink their management practices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PREMIER MIA Hotel & Suites is centrally located and accessible within minutes from the MIA airport and Port of Miami. This brand new concept features 144 smoke-free contemporary upscale rooms and suites. Guests may enjoy complimentary amenities such as transportation to/from MIA airport and Wi-Fi. Hotel also offers a full bar/restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, top of the line fitness center and business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PREMIER Miami International Airport Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel Miami
- Best Western Premier Miami International Airport Hotel And Suites