1,979 results
All reviewsbasketball courtvirtual bowlingthe concierge loungeair hockeyfloor to ceiling windowsilly coffeebeautiful hotelwhole foodshuge tvcorner roomupgraded to a suitebeaux artsvalet parkingbeautiful roombusiness hotelsouth beachgreat view of the bay
Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and 12 year old son. Right from the onset of my first conversation with the hotel staff to the last moment at this hotel, I found it to be a hotel that caters to business travelers while giving an illusion that it also caters to families. For example, I asked upfront about my bed configuration and was told that I have 2 king beds. It would be great for my son to have a big bed of his own but knew that it is rare to have such a configuration. So I asked again and was told the same thing. Sure enough, the room we got had two double/full beds. If the front desk was tuned to thinking for families, they would know exactly why we were asking the question. Another example - we had checked before coming and also at the front desk about the basketball court and bowling 'alley' for my son who was pretty excited about it. The front desk encouraged us to use these facilities at check in. So - we were all excited and went straight to the basketball court and bowling alley. Guess what? That floor was closed for a business conference and the basketball court was not going to open for another two weeks because that 'court' is also used for conferences and meetings. There were two other instances where the bowling alley was closed for part of the day and golf was unavailable for half a day. Why give the appearance of having these facilities when it is a hit or miss? Same thing goes for breakfast. Breakfast in their executive lounge closes at 9am. Seriously? At least make it 9:30 or 10. Same with the evening snack - executive lounge is only open from 5pm-7pm. The staff in that lounge is EXCELLENT but the hotel is 'checking off the box' by not really thinking about families. Concierge is the same way. The person was very helpful BUT the thought process was not with a family in mind. For example - why would you not give a beach kit for families to just spend some time on Miami Beach?? We were recommended an Everglades tour that I would definitely not take again.

I would give the front desk manager(James) credit for trying to make things right. We were given a great room and he also voided the 'daily entertainment fee'(?) for using the bowling alley.

Among other things to note - valet takes a looooong time and elevators are Sllllllllow!

I refuse to accept that Miami is not a place for families because it has excellent restaurants, great beaches and a bunch of activities for families. However, I am convinced that this hotel caters to business travelers and not to families.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank STARWisc
Valentina R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2017

Dear STARWisc,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and for taking the time to share your valuable insights. All travels, business or leisure alike, should be seamless and enjoyable and we strive to deliver a memorable experience to all our guests. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we sincerely apologized for not meeting your expectation. Please feel assured that I have shared your comment with the hotel staff to uphold our commitment to our guests and improve your future visit.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at 305.421.8600. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will consider our property in the future when your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed there Apr 24-26 room 2225. I was attending meetings so my wife packed and missed a pair of shoes. We called later and then the following day and they told us they had not found them. Clearly the room had to be cleaned after we left and the shoes were by the bed. I will leave it at that...

Stayed: April 2017

Dear frocha_01,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami, we truly valued you insights. We sincerely apologize for not meeting all your expectations while in our care, but feel assured our property takes matters such as these very seriously and I can assure you we have vehemently pursued all possible avenues to review with our Lost and Found Department regarding your missing item. Comments like yours are truly appreciated and they have been shared with our management team in effort to look for opportunities to enrich your future experience.

If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay and your schedule permits a brief conversation, please contact me directly at 305.421.8600. We hope this occurrences won’t deter you from a future visit and we hope to welcome you once again at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami once your travel bring you back to this area.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

We stayed here for (sadly) only one night before a cruise. The hotel was outstanding in every respect. We'd booked a regular room but were upgraded to a suite. It was amazing . . . only wish we could have stayed there longer.

The room was very modern with a very large separate office, living room, bedroom and 1.5 baths. The main bath had a jacuzzi tub and huge shower, along with a TV embedded in the mirror. The room had a panoramic view of the city and the water. The bathroom toiletries were first rate. Towels were plentiful and plush. The hair dryer was so good that I'm looking to buy one. There were 2 free bottles of water in the room along with a coffee maker and safe. Separate huge TVs in the living room and bedroom with a good variety of channels.

The staff in the concierge lounge were outstanding. Nothing was too difficult for them and they seemed very eager to make our stay exceptional. Evening bites were great and the breakfast in the morning was more than plentiful. We ate dinner in their casual restaurant and the service was great as was the food. Didn't have time to try the pool or other amenities.

The front desk was extremely helpful regarding our request for a nearby drugstore (to purchase suntan lotion) and any other requests we had. Every single person whom we encountered was friendly, helpful and engaged.

For those coming on vacation, the hotel isn't really near a beach (at least none we could see). It is quite close to the cruise terminals (about a 10-minute/$20 taxi ride). There is a "resort fee" added each day that includes use of the pool, virtual bowling, etc. Probably worth it if you have the time and desire to use but a bit annoying if you don't.

If you're in town for business, pre/post cruise, or just for a stay in the city, the Marriott Marquis is an exceptional choice.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Valentina R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Dear MisstheDogs,

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. It rewarding to know that our breathtaking views along with the superior service provided by our devoted staff were essentials in creating a lasting memory. Please be assured that we are looking forward to welcome you as our guest once again in the near future.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

This is my favorite hotel whenever I am Miami. Great staff, large comfortable rooms and incomparable service. IF you choose to stay at the hotel or go in the surrounding area there is plenty to do for you and your family. We stayed for 2 nights pre-cruise and were so relaxed we did not want to leave.This continues to be my #1 hotel in Miami

Room Tip: High floors facing the bay are the best rooms. Also rooms away from the elevator are more quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Valentina R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2017

Dear BridgetAtlanta,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and for your recognition. Your comments are truly esteemed and it is rewarding knowing you were delighted by our locale and unique amenities. Our dedicated staff is looking forward to welcome you once more should your travels bring you back to Miami.

Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

We travel all over the US & always stay at Marriott properties. Our Miami Marquis room is best we've ever had. We were upgraded to a junior suite which was phenomenal. We arrived after a week in Havana and were thrilled to have such a luxurious bathroom and an amazing bed with a huge tv. We soaked in the tub, scrubbed ourselves in the shower, ordered room service and lounged in our bed. Really great experience.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Wendy Z,

Feedback such as yours is highly appreciated. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed the comfort of our modern rooms and our gourmet selections. It was an honor providing the first-class service you deserve. Looking forward for Miami being your destination again, it will be our pleasure welcoming you once more.