“Still super but was better” 4 of 5 stars

SAVE UP TO 15%
Ranked #2 of 119 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
ny
“Still super but was better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for work. Was given a bay view room with two beds. I usually get a king with a city view. Great view of the bay but room was a little worn. I guess the bay view is very popular. This hotel is super and has many incredible amenities like a basketball court, great pool, a db bistro in the lobby, an espresso machine in the room, high end soaps, high design decor, etc. so to see that the shower knob fell off was surprising and disappointing. An overall great stay but having set such high standards in the past, the smallest disappointment stood out.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank michael r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Timbuktu, Mali
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel and the hotel staff were very friendly. However, we stayed for five days and this hotel is not designed for stays more than 2-3 days- we had three drawers that were only a foot wide (at best) to store our items- needless to say we had to leave our luggage out everywhere. No place to stow this either. The beds were quite comfortable and everything was quite clean.

I would avoid the hotel café- food was okay', very overpriced and mandatory 18% gratuity on all checks - poor service on both visits. The bar is very nice downstairs but we were there the week of New Year's and they closed at 11pm! There were 20+ people in the bar when 'last call' was given at 10:45 and we were asked to leave...???

Room Tip: Be aware on east facing upper level floors- found it unnerving that an apartment in the neighboring...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Whyneeded
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Whyneeded,

Thank you for your descriptive and thoughtful feedback. It’s always great to hear what guests think about their experiences while here and it also helps us to improve upon the service we provide. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and we are already looking into what exactly happened and how we can further enhance those areas to better suit our guests. I hope future travel plans bring you back to our seaside city and that we can show you just how your comments have made a difference in the services we provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to further discuss, or to let me know when you make your way back to the JW Marriott Marquis Miami. Until then, be well!

Flavio Mello
Rooms Division Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I am rarely speechless, but Marriott got it right with the Marquis Miami. Wow, wow. I travel quite a bit for work and prefer Marriott in general. But this Marquis deserves this title which is reserved for a high end Marriott. The New York City Marriott Marquis pales in comparison and any manager working in NYC who visits the Miami version of the Marquis brand would consider a serious overall of their sister property. So, this Marquis is relatively new and is therefore not worn or dirt; on the contrary, it sparkles. From the moment we arrived, the front desk folks welcomed us with open arms and put us into an extraordinary room with an incredible view of the city. We did have a suite, so the office area in the room as well as the expansive bathroom were just stunning. The food was high quality as was the room service. Even the small touches built into this hotel are of high quality: there is a small red light that you can turn on which can be seen in the hallway outside of your door which is a message to the staff to not knock under any circumstances. I mean, that's great, as I have been disturbed in countless hotels over the years even with the 'do not disturb' sign prominently displayed on the outside doorknob. This is the highest of quality Marriott hotel and I am already looking forward to our return.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Bacchus711
Grenada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is usually my goto hotel when I have to stay in Miami. The last two trips I have been a bit disappointed.

Check in and check out is easy as usual. Getting help with you bags is sometimes a bit difficult. But I figure that this is due to inadequate staff at the time.

Room service is timely and food is good, not great.

Staff are always friendly and very helpful.

My main issue is with the linen. My sheets on the last trip had small holes and the towels are worn. Housekeeping needs to inspect the linens, if I am paying over 400US per night, I do not wish for my linen to be worn and with holes.

I would probably still stay there on my next trip to give it one more try, however if there is no improvement I may just move across the road to the Epic.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Ashele_B
Flavio M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Miami, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear AsheleB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I’m very sorry you experienced these inconveniences. Your comments are invaluable to us so we may continue to provide you with a great experience.

Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Waiting for your next visit,

Flavio Mello
Rooms Division Manager
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The room was very modern with a tv in the bathroom (which we could not work out how to use) and a tastefully furnished large bedroom with a part water view. Excellent fitness centre and good bar downstairs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank holidaygal2014
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has always been one of my favorites in Downtown Miami. I usually use this hotel as a mini getaway with my girlfriends and decided to introduce my partner to it. He loved it! Friendly, attentive staff, comfy beds and pillows and amazing tubs-perfect for bubble baths. The pool is my favorite- true definition of peace and serenity. We'll be back JW!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TravelingMel88
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Of course I had read all the great reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor, so my expectations were very high. They were all met or exceeded. It is truly a beautiful hotel with an outstanding staff. The room was spacious and the bathroom was roomy and nice.

When you first arrive at the hotel, you are impressed by the line of bellman waiting to assist arriving guests, so there is no wait for help with your luggage. Once inside you are taken to the front desk and that is where we had one of the most pleasant hotel experiences we have ever had.

Bogdan Moisa, Asst. Rooms Division Manager, assisted us at the front desk. He was so personable and found us a lovely room with a nice view. Then when we asked him about a local restaurant we had heard about, he assured us it was a good choice. He even called and made reservations for us at the restaurant and then escorted us out to the taxi area and gave the taxi driver instructions on where to take us. Mr. Moisa treated us so well we felt like "VIPs." It was a very pleasant experience.

This is my hotel of choice when staying in the Miami area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NikitaAtlanta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami/Brickell-Downtown
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Conrad Miami
#9 of 119 in Miami
4.5 of 5 stars 1,681 reviews

Been to JW Marriott Marquis Miami? Share your experiences!