“high rise hotel in the city”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2013

A luxury hotel in the business area of Miami, with large rooms. The service was excellent with thrice daily visits for cleaning, ice, turndown, etc. Views from the upper floors of the harbor are stunning. The db moderne restaurant in the lobby is also excellent, but expensive.

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a hotel five stars, perfect service, spacious room even with a rollaway bed
Careful what you get out of the fridges even an instant vou will be charged.
Take the valet parking because it is difficult to park in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: A take un room king bed NICE
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel itself was really great, but the service is why I give it 5 stars. I stayed here with my family 5 nights around Easter. Everyone practically fell over themselves to make us feel special. I generally stay at more modest hotels for work so this was a treat and a great one at that. Bogdan, one of the managers, was incredibly helpful and greeted me by name every time after the 1st day. When I came back from running outside, I was instantly handed a bottle of water. Andres in the concierge lounge was extremely helpful and friendly. One day we forgot my son's vitamins and when we realized it several hours later, sure enough they had saved them for us. I don't remember ever feeling "special" like the service we had here. We won't forget it.

On to the more detailed comments in case you're still not convinced. I can't imagine how you would not enjoy staying here.

Room - Very nicely equipped, comfortable beds, but I wish there were queens instead of double beds. Luxurious bath room with TV in the mirror, very big LCD TV in the room (and living room in the suites). Internet speed is good and reliable. Fridge on request (small complaint that they were out of fridges for the first 3 days of our stay).

Location - right in the heart of downtown Miami. May not be the best depending on where you want to go. South Beach is a bit of a drive, but there are nice restaurants in Brickell and nice areas to walk, jog, and play. Metro mover is free and about 5 min. walk from the hotel. Easy connection to Metrorail. Easy to get to from 95.

Service - outstanding. Probably the best I've ever had. Only disappointment was that maid service was only OK, not amazing. Some days we got turn down service, some not. Some days they turned down 1 bed, not the others. Some days they left water and some not. Still very good, but not amazing like other services. One other small complaint is that it takes a while to get your car from the valet. We waited up to 20 min.

Concierge lounge - Great! I'd never been in one and now I'm spoiled. Drinks, snacks, breakfast, all very good in a room with a great view and extremely friendly service.

Fitness/pool - both great, but the pool is in the shade some parts of the day and if its not so warm, it can be cool there. Lots of nice machines in the gym, but some need maintenance. Nice view.

Overall negatives - small, but worth mentioning: Price of parking ($36 per day, for comparison, the Hyatt across the street was $31 I think), maid service while good wasn't up to the rest of the experience, time to get car from valet. One other thing that seemed cool, but wasn't so much: they have a bowling alley. But its actually a virtual bowling ally. We didn't realize that until we'd decided to rent if for an hour. It was my first experience with virtual bowling and not one I enjoyed. We left before the hour was up. Also avoid rooms above the bowling alley. When its in use (not often), you can hear all the sounds even 4 floors above it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Room is really nice with a desktop computer, big flat screen TV and a TV embedded in the bathroom mirror. Was there less than 24 hours. The only bad thing was it cost $35 to keep the car parked there over night. Didn't get a chance to take advantage of room service, food, etc. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to American Airlines arena (Heat).

1  Thank mauriciogiankana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My stay here was excellent. The room was huge and clean. There was even a nice desk area which was made for doing business (not the typical small desks you sometimes see in hotels). The only confusing things is there are 2 Marriotts in the same area so we accidentally tried to go to the other hotel first.

We also had dinner at db moderne bistro which was delicious. It is not your typical hotel restaurant since it is Daniel Boulud.

The only thing to keep in mind that this is not located near the beach. I stayed here because my friend lives nearby so it made things easier for us.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank skimmilk70
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In all of the hotels I have ever stayed, this is clearly one of the best. The rooms were second to none, clean, impeccably decorated. The bathroom was amazing. The service from the time one pulled up to the front, to registration to checkout, the staff was all first class.

This views of the bay were breathtaking. The fitness center was undoubtedly one of the nicest and best equipped that I have used at any hotel throughout the world.

1  Thank brenalex
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed at the JW Marriott and felt this was one of the best decorated hotels I've stayed in. The beautiful floor to ceiling windows provide amazing views of the bay and downtown. One of my favorite hotels from check-in to check-out. I didn't have a chance to try many of the services as I was going all weekend but location to Bayfront Park couldn't get any better. The standard room was also very spacious and I loved the bathroom. I highly recommend this hotel is looking for one of the most sexy spots to stay. Obviously a little pricey but in Miami at other hotels you can pay more and get much less. This hotel will deliver for its cost.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple