“RuDe”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“RuDe”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I can't stress enough how disappointed we were upon arrival. Asked about room rate ( needed two rooms no less) & showed her the trip advisor rate. Refused to give it to us at that amount. I even belong to Marriott rewards club. Asked to please step aside until she could get manager. Waited 20 minutes & we left!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Kathiandrepont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is probably the best Marriott I have stayed in so far. It checked all the boxes for features I look for in a hotel.

My room was large, well laid-out and stylishly furnished with floor to ceiling windows. Mine had a great view of Brickell Key.

Internet access is free in the room (wired and wi-fi access is available) and in the common areas. That's a very helpful feature (though sadly not common) particularly if you are working.

The gym is one of the best I've seen, certainly in a Marriott - lots of space and well-equipped.

The staff were generally very helpful and attentive. In particular, they did a great job of getting taxis for all the conference delegates when they all showed up at once anxious to get to the airport.

I highly recommend this if you need to stay in downtown Miami.

Room Tip: A room with a water view is probably the best choice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ral999
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

I was very impressed with everything. Initially I thought it was going to be ruff. I was told My room was not ready, and would be in 20 min. I was told no late check out they were too full. I waited 40 minuets and went to get a Miami map to look for a restaurant. While talking to A NEW desk person, he asked if everything was satisfactory, i told him i as still waiting for my room. He appeared and said he was very surprised I was still waiting and apologized, then gave me a great room with the best view. The NEW Desk person also told me late check out was no problem and was free, asked me what time I would like to check out, very can do will do attitude, thanks NEW desk person. The room turned out to be all I wanted and more. Very impressed with the room and the second attendant at the desk. The government rate was offered and did not make a difference in the quality as some places I have stayed. Very large room (suite like) big screen, and a mirror in the bathroom tv screen. Very clean and well layer out, nice bed and good nights sleep. YES I would stay there again, but I will watch out for the first dest guy, mister negative and sir NO. Thanks for a great nights stay JW.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I love this hotel! As a Marriott gold member, it was an obvious choice. We stayed here for 7 days and I honestly don't have any criticisms or changes I would make. The suites are HUGE--the size of 2 ordinary hotel rooms. Great amenities, the concierge lounge is amazing, and the staff is wonderful. Bogdan (sp?) corrected a very minor mistake that occurred in a very big way. Every single staff member was great. Location is awesome, all I would say is that the DB restaurant and lounge has a pack of French staff that are so insanely rude I would never return to that restaurant.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am a starwood platinum member and I usually stay at a Starwood property. But because of work, I get to stay at this hotel. Even though I don't belong to their Marriott program, the moment I checked in, I felt like I was treated with respect unlike the previous property I stayed at in South beach called the W. They immediately upgraded me to a nice room on a high floor and was eager to give me all the information I needed. The room I had was very spacious and clean. The view of the water was amazing!! I only paid the most basic rate and got this incredible room!! Every time I go through the lobby, I am treated with such friendly attitude and it makes me feel at home!!
Keep up the good work and don't be like the stuck up hotels in South beach!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BforBoy
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Arrived to the hotel with my family (husband and an 18 months old) and saw the drive way was filled with bellmen or valet parkers. Walked into the reception desk, had only one agent. Front Desk agent was alright but did not use guest name nor give us a warm welcome. Check in process was a bit dull. Wanted to check with the Concierge to see where we could go for dinner and front desk agent said the concierge was on break. A bit weird there. But the bellman who was on duty took the initiative to provide more information and carried a causal conversation with me. He tried to make my little boy smile too. Room itself is fairly new but it was in turned down status...melted ice in the ice bucket. Husband loves it alot though since it is contemporary and modern. He even compared the room to Four Seasons Hong Kong. A huge working desk which it was not useful for us since we are family. Had room service and food was alright. Friendly room service server though. The service could have been improved... not sure if it is because the staff there was thinking that they had to work during the holiday?! Anyway, overall experience was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank yuenja
Sao Paulo
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Marriott
- The rooms are huge
- One of the best basketball courts in a hotel in the world
- Jim Mclean golf academy indoors
- Great service
- Dark and sober ambient

Epic
- The rooms are very nice
- Gorgeous swimming pool in the 16th floor
- The view is gorgeous
- White and vibrant
- Great service

Bottom Line
- For business Marriot
- For pleasure Epic
- Gun in the head I would choose Epic

Room Tip: Water view only on one corner of the higher floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple