“Absolutely Amazing”

JW Marriott Marquis Miami
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I am platinum at Marriott and stay all over the world at all different Marriott properties. I have to say this is in fact the nicest Marriott let alone hotel I have ever stayed in. From check-in to the upgrade to a suite, everything was top notch and A+. The Concierge club is wonderful with the best spread of breakfast there can be. The gym is wonderful with brand new equiptment. Love the fact they have a spin bike. The pool is modern and looks great with sun beds. Water is a perfect temperature.

The views, rooms, welcome reception area and breakfast in the morning were nothing short of impeccable. I hope I return to Miami and not because of the city but because of the hotel.

Absolutely OUTSTANDING! A+

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Suites are the best Marriott has.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights recently. We were given an end room on the 41st floor that had the most amazing floor to ceiling views of Miami and the intracoastal waterways from both windows. Lots has been written about how amazing this hotel is and we certainly found this to be true for us too. I was particularly impressed with the toiletries and the tv in the bathroom mirror!
We loved to sit with a drink and canape in the evening and take in the amazing view from the Consierge Lounge. We enjoyed an evening walk around Brickell Quay which we looked down upon from the Lounge
However, even in a place as stunningly put together as the Marquis has been, there can sometimes still be problems. What really impressed us, is that when we discussed our issues with Managers Flavio Mello and Bogdan Moisa, they were genuinely pleased that we had highlighted these things and with breakneck speed set about putting them right
We also noticed how the cleaners obviously took great pride in their work for their guests - one day we discovered that our room cleaner had used the hoover nozzle to make a sunshine picture on the velveteen pile on our the chairs and pouffe!
Do go and try the food in the Met Cafe. This is so much more than it's name suggests and we enjoyed an excellent 3course meal there that was very reasonably priced. The staff were great fun there too, especially our server Martin.
What made our stay here extra special was the fact that not only was it a fantastic place to stay, but that the staff really did put themselves out to go that "extra mile" for you, and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for two nights in August. We booked the hotel in advance for the night following a cruise, but when our cruise was delayed because of Tropical Storm Isaac we booked a night prior to the cruise as well. Both times we were given a lovely room facing the water.

The rooms are very roomy and have full length windows for a fabulous view. We especially enjoyed watching the storm the first night we stayed. We had a king bed, a large desk with a computer, a seating area, a large closet, and the biggest TV I've seen in a hotel room. We brought a portable Blu-ray player and easily hooked it up to the TV to watch a movie. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding was first rate, as you would expect at a Marriott. The bathroom is large and has a tub and separate shower. There is even a TV in the mirror which is pretty cool. We didn't use the tub but the shower was excellent. Very nice toiletries. The lighting in the bathroom seemed a bit dim, but was not a problem.

The service -- WOW! Every single employee, without exception, was gracious and friendly and went out of his or her way to make sure our stay was perfect. Because our cruise was delayed we asked for a late checkout. We stayed in our room until 4:00 which was very, very nice. We spent another couple of hours on the second level lounge area, which has many seating areas and fireplaces. It was August, but with the storm outside a fireplace seemed appropriate.

Our second stay, following our cruise, was lovely. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary, and were given a beautiful treat to make the day nicer. Many thanks to the staff! We used the pool and hot tub and enjoyed reading by the pool. The pool is mostly in shade because of its location, which is something we appreciated. I did think, however, that I would not like a room overlooking the pool because those rooms are not as private as the rooms overlooking the harbor. The pool level also offered a basketball court, virtual bowling and golf, and there was a fitness center up a level, I believe. We didn't use anything but the pool, but it looked fun. We were again given a late checkout (2:00).

The hotel is close to the airport and very close to the Port of Miami. We took the bus to South Beach and enjoyed seeing that part of Miami very much. Miami is a beautiful city and I hope to visit again. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the JW Marriott Marquis again, and highly recommend it to all types of travelers.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the water are best. Overlooking the pool, less private.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptut
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a suite with a bedroom, a living room and an office. A view of Downtown Miami with full length window. The place is luxurious and the service is great. I had room service which was really good. the French toasts were soft and sweet. The staff is helpful and courteous.
The office area is far enough from the bedroom not to be disturbed. The TV is big and the couch confortable.
My favorite part was the bathroom. Really big with view of the bay. Bathtub and huge shower separate. It had a TV built in the mirror.
The property is clean, new, and welcoming. I loved it. I did not want to live.
The bed is soft king size and feels like you are sinking into softness! I was surprised not to be disturbed by the sound of traffic. Good window proof.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if possible with a side view of the bay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank symbiose
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I attended a 50th birthday party at this hotel. We decided to stay the night and check out the next day. The staff here was amazing I was so please how pleasant and helpful they were. Out room was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! The only problem I encountered was the air conditioning thermostat. For whatever the reason I could not adjust it therefore our room was a little warm. The next morning the coffee pot was a mission impossible. My husband tried several times to get it to work to no avail. In checking out I mention it to the young lady that was checking us out. She was very apologetic and she told I should have called because they have someone working around the clock. They offered us coffee because the coffee pot wasn't working. (we declined). The supervisor also credited by marriott rewards card with extra points because of our inconvenience. Love It!!!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 33rd floor bay view!!! absolutely beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

we stayed at this hotel Aug 31 2012 the day before we went on our cruise. we were on the water view side tower on the 31st. floor. the view could have been better but the property was over the top in the quality of the rooms. 60 inch tv , even a tv build in to the miror in the bathroom. It was also close to the port of maimi.

Room Tip: as for the water view tower
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel last week. I can honestly say that this hotel is first class.
The room was large and comfortable and had everything the business traveller could want. The expresso coffee machine in the room was definitely a boon. Excellent wireless Internet connection and plenty of power outlets (something that most hotels seem to overlook)
This hotel gets my seal of approval as one of the best hotels I have stayed in for business travel in a long time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view - really stunning.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business