“Thin Crust for the Upper Crust!”

Piola Miami - Brickell
Ranked #110 of 4,220 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Miami, Florida
“Thin Crust for the Upper Crust!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

In the last month, we've dined at the Piola on Alton Road and the one on South Miami Avenue in Brickell. It's my new go-to place for pizza... If I can ever pull myself away from ordering a pizza, I'll try other menu items, as they seem to get good reviews, too. The staff at both restaurants is well-trained, cheerful and helpful. The pizza is fabulous! The ingredients and toppings taste absolutely fresh, the pepperoni has the appropriate zing! Transplanted New Yorkers living in Coconut Grove, we've been searching for a terrific, accessible pizza place since we moved down here! We're delighted to find it in Brickell, so close to home. And the late Christmas Week crowd dining al fresco all around us? Very chic, all ages, all looking verrry interesting! South Beach: Be afraid, be VERY afraid!

• Visited December 2013

“Great variety ”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

They have plenty of choices and the pizza crust is great. They also have fresh toppings and it's a nice place to hang out. Open until late

“Authentic food!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Love the pizzas, carpacio, pastas. Proper and authentic Italian food, tasty and reasonably priced too.

• Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“gnocchi day”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Every month, on the 29th, they offer unlimited serving of gnocchi with 7 different sauces. If you like gnocchi the way I do, it is a great deal. 6 out of the 7 sauces were delicious.
As far as pizza goes, they offer great variety of classic pizzas, and couple of unusual ones. I've tried several different ones, and they were all great.
My only minor complaint is service, especially during late afternoons. Server basically comes, takes the order, and then drops the check. Since the food is good, I'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious fresh pizza”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were staying right around the corner, so just walked down the street and decided to venture in at 10pm on a Saturday night. It was still decorated for Valentine's day even though we were there at the end of February. We were greeted in Spanish (I think) although neither me nor my husband speak it but the waitress quickly switched to English with only a little trouble. Later, she forgot and asked us a couple questions in Spanish again and we were like... uhhh, yes, thanks! LOL We tried her recommendations and although very simple and minimal toppings, they were delicious pizzas. You could tell the ingredients were fresh and homemade. The pizzas seemed to taste better with every bite. Would definitely go back to this place. Other than the language issues, the only downside was that the waitress seemed to forget about us near the end as we waited an eternity for her to bring us our check after she had already cleared our plates. We tried to catch her eye a few times, but she was more interested in cleaning up and didn't even glance our way for about half an hour.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Piola Miami - Brickell? Share your experiences!