“Wonderful Food, Fantastic Ambiance!”

Mandolin Aegean Bistro
Ranked #29 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great reviews check it out
Coral Gables
“Wonderful Food, Fantastic Ambiance!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

This restaurant on my first visit has already become the best in South Florida. The food is really superb, do try marinated octopus, stuffed zucchini and the incredible kefte all of these are out of this world mezes. Daniel the waiter was extremely helpful in his suggestions and provided excellent guidance in the wine selection...Well done Daniel. We definitely come back to this welcoming restaurant.

• Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
“Among best Mediterranean cuisines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Terrific food and atmosphere in a really fun place. Varied menu with Greek and Turkish dishes and very reasonable wine list. Valet parking.

Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida, United States
“simply amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great food. Amazing ambiance. Most delicious white sangria i ever had. By far the best aegean restaurant in Miami.

New England
“Overpriced and overrated”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I never want to leave a restaurant broke AND hungry, but that was exactly my experience here.

We came here based on a friend's referral. The space itself is very nice. The covered outdoor area was quaint, though the music was a bit loud in the speakers.

When we walked into the restaurant at 5pm, It was empty. Completely empty. A waitress approached and asked if we had a reservation, and we didn't. She looked concerned and walked away. A waiter followed her, and asked the same question. We said "no, we're just looking for drinks and appetizers". He said they should be able to accomodate us.

We ordered two drinks and two appetizers. My girlfriend got a $12 glass of wine that couldn't have been more than 5 oz. I got a bottled beer for $7. The two appetizers, both around $15, were ridiculously small. Tiger shrimp (3) and 2 Zucchini strips, respectively. The food was average, and not particularly delicious.

The waiter asked "what will you be ordering for your entree"? And not "would you like to order an entree?" We said we were finished eating. He proceeded to put more clean plates on our table and gave us a "hard sell" to order more food. He came over twice more to see if we had changed our minds.

I'm no stranger to "fine dining", but frankly I was insulted. I was treated like I was only welcome there if I opened my wallet to them.

Horrible experience and I will never be back.

2 Thank magellan602
Miami
“Great experience in a truly east mediterranean setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

The setting is great – in a courtyard / canopy type – that resembles Mediterranean restaurants very well. Only concern is that I don’t know how they manage if it is raining because not all areas are under the canopy and breeze could make it tricky, but, in our case, since sky was clear was great to sit outdoors. Food is very very good, although the menu is limited – 5 or 6 entrees, the octopus and the lamp chops that we had were excellent. Taste was truly Greek/Turkish/middle east because of the ingredients - perfect choice, combination and cooking. It is a legit eastern Mediterranean experience both in the food and atmosphere. Again, selection is limited (only two desserts available the night we dined) BUT the best baklava I ever had had to be this one, simply great!!!. Have a very decent wine selection from everywhere and the service was perfect. If you are looking for this type of food, you have to try it; great experience.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Mandolin Aegean Bistro? Share your experiences!