“Delightful atmosphere”

Mandolin Aegean Bistro
Ranked #32 of 4,310 Restaurants in Miami
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great reviews check it out
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My daughter and I loved the atmosphere! An ordinary little old house transformed by outdoor seating including captain's chairs under white awnings. That and reed fencing limiting the view of neighboring structures made it seem like we were anywhere but Miami. We only ordered a couple of the appetizers, but they were terrific as well.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Thanks to TripAdvisor we found Mandolin Aegean Bistro, and it is now my #1 favorite restaurant in Miami! We got lucky showing up with no reservation (definitely go with a reservation). We called, but they were booked. We figured our luck would work for us, and it did, but this small restaurant is steadily booked. It's a small place, and we dined on a Saturday night. Actually got a table outside, and it was fantastic. Lucy (from Argentina) was our server, and she was excellent. The suggested wines were A+, but the menu, that Aegean menu, was AMAZING! The grilled octopus got rave reviews, the aps were sensational, and the dessert of Baklava was over the top. We were not shy in ordering, and spent right at $50 per person (including tax/tip). You are in for a surprise at my new favorite restaurant!

Reviewed January 22, 2012

The food here is wonderful as is the atmosphere. You will want to sit outside under the trees. Inside the window table is the only cool table. Inside feels like you are in greece. The staff is friendly and will be happy to explain all foods to you, if you are unfamiliar with greek and turkish food.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Miami's midtown, design district and Wynwood restaurants can be pricey and the food, sometimes hit or miss. Thankfully, our first visit here went pretty well. Went with a group to celebrate a birthday and we all pretty much enjoyed the dishes. I'd recommed the outdoor area, but not during the hot summer months. A little pricey and the service a little whacky, but this is Miami, where service is pretty bad everywhere. You'll have to park in the adjoining Buena Vista neighborhood or valet.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is a very busy restaurant. I needed to make the reservation 2 days in advance.
I love Mediterranean food and everything that we ordered was exquisite.
The samplers from the appetizer menu were enough for 7 people.
I ordered from the day specials. Greek mussels in a tomato sauce with feta cheese. Let me tell you, they were heavenly delicious!!! and the mussels were huge.
We also order green apple white sangria. My friends loved it.
The service was ok. We liked the big square tables and decoration.
90% of their tables are outdoors. So, it is a great please to go during fall or winter time.

Been to Mandolin Aegean Bistro? Share your experiences!