“Baklava...YUM!”

Mandolin Aegean Bistro
Ranked #27 of 4,220 Restaurants in Miami
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great reviews check it out
“Baklava...YUM!”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

We went on a Saturday night and the place was packed! The high season for South Florida has def started. We did not have a reservation but we were able to sit down right away inside. The table was next to the kitchen so my advice is to make a reservation. They were super busy so the service started off slow but eventually they slowed down and the waitress was very nice.

I recommend the White Sangria and the Lamb Chops. The Moussaka is also very good and the Greek salad is one of the best I've had. They also have a great white sangria.

Hands down the best part is the dessert, the BAKLAVA is to die for!

Enjoy!

• Turkish first
Grand Cayman
“Best Ambiance”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We got there late on a Sat night. The place is full of character. All of the items we had were very tasty. Service was prompt & friendly. If I had to nit pic it would only be that the greek salad was 6/10 and the bread served was more french/italian then greek/turkish. Over all a great meal in a city that is finally embracing substance over flash. Thank you.

Troy, Michigan
“Very good, a little pricey”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

I'm very familiar with and very particular about my Greek and Middle Eastern food. We stopped for lunch. I had a "pulled lamb" sandwich. Very good, on Greek bread, served with fries, at $14. I thought it was a few dollars high given the neighborhood and patio furniture atmosphere. My wife had mussels in broth. It was OK but i've had better elsewhere at other Miami restaurants. Beer was $6. There were several interesting Mediterranean offerings that I would try on a future visit. Definitely passed the authenticity test.

miami, florida
“If you miss turkish cuisine - must visit”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is a small cottage that has been converted into a restaurant. Kid-friendly with a relaxed atmosphere; seating is mainly on the patio. Food is very tasty. My kids loved the calamari, and the smyrna street (turkish chorizo sandwich). I've gone several times for the stuffed zucchini, it's a vegetarian dish (i'm not vegetarian but i don't miss the meat). If you like turkish cuisine - this is a place to go.

Miami, FL
“Lovely outdoor dining atmosphere and yummy Greek/Turkish food!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I recently enjoyed a long, lingering lunch in this charming restaurant located just north of Miami's Design District. The area is a bit seeding (though still considered up and coming), but they offer $3 valet parking or meters nearby. The day was sunny and we were happy to find a table on the large outdoor patio. They also have a small indoor seating area.

The service was friendly and knowledgeable and the tables were filled with other locals. We started with the Turkish sampler appetizer (different dips like Hummus) and the grilled octopus appetizer (fresh and almost worth the $18 price tag). We shared a roasted lamb sandwich with caramelized onions (must say, this one was a bit underwhelming, though meat was very tender) which was saved by the delicious tzatziki spread. Dessert was also yummy...baklava and chocolate cake.

I would say the atmosphere was so good we will go back, the food was okay to great, mostly I think we should have picked something different from the menu as there was much to choose and I think we just missed with the sandwich when there were other more interesting options. Everything was exceptionally prepared, I just think some things we ordered were not quite our taste, but others may have enjoyed them...

In all we quite enjoyed the experience and ambiance and will return to try other items. Have heard it's also a great place for brunch.