Tripadvisor
Miami
Review Highlights
Sixt car rental

Absolute worst company I have ever dealt with. Please please take My advice and stay far away from... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Robert L
SIXT car rental Denver! Don’t do it!!

First off, I guess the old saying if the price seems to good to be true..... Yes choose this one... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
RebeccaGK
Winnipeg, Canada
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Miami
from $29.99
from $58.99
from $38.00
from $39.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

After renting with more than a week of advance and getting a really good deal with a 2020 BMW 7 series the night before my trip I checked the Sixt app and notice my reservation suddenly disappeared. I call the corportare office at Fort Lauderdale and talk with office manager Roy, he was very rude and despicaple with we, he wanted to charge me over $400 more for my reservation because they decided to cancel my reservation to charge more, because was my mistake. Sixt customer service was so nasty that he even asked me to look in other company. I wont use Sixt anymore, it is a rip off!
I searched desperately for a last minute option and were lucky to find a great deal 12 hours before me trip

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 18, 2020

I rented a Ford Mustang GT at the airport in Miami, having previously booked through the SIXT application for 6 days. When booking refused all types of insurance. When I received the car at the airport, the manager once again offered to purchase additional insurance, which I refused verbally twice, after all the registration procedures, the manager asked me to sign a booking confirmation on the tablet, not voicing any additional information and not showing any prices. I signed, in full confidence that the price remained according to the value specified in the application. I took the car, drove it perfectly for 6 days, returned it, after which I receive an account in the mail in which the final cost of renting a car is two times higher than the initial price, due to the fact that the manager included insurance there, which I refused twice ! I am sure that managers receive additional commission for themselves from the sale of additional options, and he did it on purpose! I think this is pure fraud! Be very careful what you sign when booking a car with this company! Booking number: 9440617670. If this review is read by one of the leaders of this company, pay attention to the fraudulent methods your employees use.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Do not use Sixt car hire .booked and paid in advance for a Kia Sportage as advertised on there web site for my trip to Seychelles .on arrival offered a hyandai create .told no other vehicle available .rep informed they have no sportage on there fleet and haven’t had for months .falsely advertising .complained on my return and company didn’t want to know .now in hands of solicitors and trading standards . Many bad reviews for this company do not use

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Read the fine print for the fees that will be added after the return of the car. For example, driving on the toll roads around Miami will accumulate $10 in tolls, but the toll charges are generated by cameras taking pictures of the license plates and Sixt will add a $50 processing fee and charge you $60.

1  Thank Alexandru M
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Very serviceminded staff at Miami Airport and in F:t Lauderdale we had a fantastic car. Chrysler 300 you must try it