All reviewsbiscayne blvdmiami beachcerealmimocruiseport
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I booked for 3 nights but only stayed 2 nights and ran after that. (1) This is a Motel, not a Hotel. (2) The first night I stayed in a room facing to the street. It was very noisy. Traffics never stops.
The insulation was poor and I can hear noise from the other rooms, like human speaking and snoring and, making love after midnight (this was the second night). (3) A lamp on the ceiling was flickering, unstable, just looks like it's dying. I told to a staff. She came in and checked it out. It was still flickering but she said "it is ok to me." and something like "sometimes customers argued that but when I came in, it was good." I felt she didn't believe her customers. This was very very upset, unhappy service. However, she still wanted to help me but, they couldn't fix it at that time. They can only leave a note to the manager and have someone to fix it next day. After she left, the lamp was getting worse, even went out. (4) The second day I changed to the other room facing the pool. It was much quieter from the traffics. However, when people walking upstairs (I was in the 1st floor) , I can hear unpleasant sound like very old woody house. (5) The refrigerator is right next to the bed. Its machine pump worked fine and thus made noise all the night. (6) The closet... actually there was no closet. The "closet" has no door, just like other reviewers' said. (7) I saw dead mosquitos on the wall in the first-night room. I was bit after the second night. Overall this was a terrible experience. This was a very good lesson to me. I would suggest they pay more attention to the sound insulation, not just give ear plugs. Not everyone can sleep with ear plugs. Also they have to update furnitures and rearrange them.

Room Tip: Rooms facing to the pool are quieter. Rooms facing to the street are very noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yuting_13
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, We are a three star hotel and have been rated by our customers as a four star hotel.
We are located on Biscayne Bouvelard which is the main highway.
We also provide top of the line earplugs for our guest.
We apologize for any inconveience you may have experienced here during your stay.
our staff does their best in assisting our guest and making sure they are happy with their accomidations.
Unfortunately because it was late and the problem had to be corrected in the morning our staff did offer you other accomidations.
As for the size of the rooms and because of our historic building codes we are limited on what we can change and what we can not.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Rude front desk, yellow pillow, poor door. The card does not work which made me wait outside for half an hour. They do not care you. And they even do not give you refund. What a horrible hotel!! Never be there again. They do not know what is respect.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Na L
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and we enjoyed the hospitality and very friendly staff. The price is really reasonable. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The pool is not a highlight: the water is cold and not very clean. It is important to note that this is a very basic motel: they serve the same breakfast as in a motel 6, the services are equivalent to a Super 8 or a travelodge but with a desire to decorate nicely and nice touches (the patio to have breakfast for example) that give charm and make a difference with a basic motel. The big negative: the noise. Whether the road or people in the room, it is not well soundproofed.

Room Tip: The neighborhood is not central, you have to have a car. Balans restaurant on Biscayne is a great place to have brunch.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We thank you for your kind review,
We are a three star hotel with a four star rating by our guest.
We strive to become Miamis number one choice hotel.
We have friendly staff who go above and beyond for our guest and make our guest feel that this is their home away from home.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I think this place suffers from bad expectation-setting. It's *not* a 3-star hotel. It's just a motel. They've tried to doll it up with some kitschy jetsons-style decor and baby blue paint, and changed the M on the sign to an H. But it's still very much a MOtel, and sort of a dump.

So when my family arrived expecting a nice stay in a hotel, we were severely disappointed. The rooms are typical motel-style. The door didn't quite fit the frame leaving a sizeable gap through which we could see out to the street. The carpet between the 2 beds had a spill of cleaning fluid, so my sock got all wet and smelled of pine-sol. Either it was just a spill, or they had done a half-assed job cleaning up something gross there. The suds from the detergent puddle started coming up brownish; the carpet just felt so dirty that I didn't want my kid to set foot off the bed.

The bathroom was old, with broken handles, etc. The mini-fridge was not plugged in, and the outlet it should have been plugged into was broken in the wall. The lighting is very harsh. I really don't get how this place has such good ratings; it's sort of a dumpy motel, definitely *not* a 3-star hotel.

The immediate location feels ok; we were able to walk up the block to a few restaurants and shops. But driving around a few blocks, it's clear this place is right on the edge of some pretty sketchy neighborhoods. Not really a great place to take a stroll. You'll want to drive to your vacation attractions from here.

Before we arrived, we asked if early check-in was possible, and also whether a crib would be available for our baby. These are typical requests at a hotel, but the responses we got were somewhat curt. While we were waiting we also heard someone on the phone getting some equally brusque customer service.

We ended up checking out of this place later in the evening the same day we arrived; we didn't even want to stay the night here, despite the fact that we had paid a nonrefundable booking in advance. The net result of the experience was that I lost some faith in trip advisor ratings!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Vineet K
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

We apologize for any Inconvenience you may have experienced at our Hotel.
We are a three star hotel and have been rated four star by our guest.
The building in which your room was located was our newer building that has been through a complete renovation a few years ago.
Our entire property is well kept and needless to say our rooms are spotless.
We are the only Hotel in our surrounding area.
According to when you were ask the reason for your early departure upon check out your response was your wedding party had already booked you other accomidations and paid for elsewhere.
At no time did you mention to our staff that it was due to any dislikes you may have had at our property or our surrounding area..
We also do not have any early check ins since we are 100% occupancy during the season.
We are sorry we did not meet your standings, but I am well aware of how good our property is and how we accommodate all our clients wants and needs.
We are sorry we weren't able to meet yours.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 4, 2012

The breakfast was good, the people were nice, the room was clean and air conditioned, it was nice to relax by the pool at night, Miami is a great place to visit, no matter where you go. I had read reviews about this place being too far away from Miami center, but it was a lovely neighbourhood where others said hi and weren't rude. Their was a wendy's close by and a lovely precious stones and stuffed animals museum not too far. With the bus it took us 20 minutes to get to Miami Beach and a lady was kind enough to bring us to a local pharmacy where we could get a weekly 26$ pass :) All in all, the hotel was good and we had many great memories there!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kiraVasili
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind review.
We are happy to hear to were satisfied with the comfort and quality we provided to you during your stay at our property.

Certainly looking forward to your next visit,