“Very Quaint Hotel at an Incredible Price (great deal!)”

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #82 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Everyone at this hotel was super friendly. Both Mimis at the front desk and the young man at the Continental Breakfast were very helpful. They recommended two restaurants in the area (67th and Biscayne) which we tried: Balans (which was OK) and Blue Collar which was one of the finest meals I've eaten in a long time and I'm a foodie. The room was super charming. We loved the picture above our bed and the room was very clean and the bathroom smelled like bleach (which I actually like because that means I didn't have to worry about how clean it was. It's in Little Haiti and I could hear some Roosters when we were outside (I actually thought this added to the charm). We found it very convenient and accessible for what we were doing in Miami -- visiting friends and hitting South Beach for dive trips. We really like this little hotel as it reminded both of us of the hotels from our respective childhoods and trips to Florida. Pool was very nice too -- not big but clean. You do hear people upstairs but since I'm a city dweller it didn't phase me. The breakfast was nice and a great addition...the garden area is super nice too. We were in back by the pool and it was quiet and very nice. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one back by the pool....very, very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela D
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, We are please that you were happy with the comfort and quaility we provide to our guest needless to say our staff are outstanding in providing customer service.
Due to our limitation on what we can do to prevent noise are limited however we do provide top of the line earplugs to our guest.

There are newer reviews for New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The hotel was very clean the rooms actualy look like the pictures the location is ok but its close to south beach and bay side. I would stay there again. The employees were very nice and super helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Tamaragr
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing the New Yorker Boutique Hotel for your stay during your visit to our sunshine state.
We are delighted that you were happy with the comfort and quality at our hotel.
And had a memorable stay with us.
Our staff are very friendly and do what they do best by providing our guest with knowledge, kindness and going above and beyond.

Looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Things to love:

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP
clean room***
short drive away from..anywhere and everywhere
very nice pool
helpful/informative staff

Things that can be better:
***bathrooms a little dirty
low water pressure in shower
courtyard atmosphere (faded ripped paper lamps, dirty curtains etc)

Overall, I would stay here again and that's what matters.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank justmarq16
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.
We apologize that our bathroom did not meet your santiary standard and will certainly bring this matter to the attention of our housekeeping director.
As for our garden it was previously under renovtations and had makeover by hotel impossible travel channel, and it is gorgeous.
You certainly will enjoy having your breakfast in our garden when you return.

Looking forward to your next stay

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Clean, friendly and well priced for the area. Easy drive to South Beach. Real lovely breakfast garden and good breakfast choices. You can hear people move around upstairs but they provide earplugs.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank velmmaid
miaminewyorker, Owner at New Yorker Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for submitting your kind review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly look forward to your next.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

The staff could not have been more helpful and kind! They did not waste any time suggesting attractions in Miami and where to eat with a discount for the hotel. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the continental breakfast was fantastic. I would return without a doubt!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Camdyork

Thank you for taking the time and submitting your review,
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us, and that our staff was doing what they do best (providing excellent customer service to our guest).

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Recently, I stayed at this bug “hotel” as I was in town for my child’s college orientation. My sister was also visiting, as her son would be attending college orientation as well. We got the orientation of a lifetime. I have heard of people being bitten, eaten, and traumatized by bugs. I never ever thought that I too would have such an experience. Well I did at this Hell Hole. Firstly, we stayed in one room, which had spiders. The maintenance personnel insisted that it was “just a little bug” and he kindly provided us with ‘FEBREEZE” My sister insisted that was real nice but an ineffective corrective action. She then looked at another room, which had blood spots on the bed…it only goes straight to hell after this!!!! The next room seemed “okay” Since we were tired…we accepted. Little did I know that I would be lunch, dinner, and a early morning snack!!! The following morning I looked at my arm and then under the pillow and yes bed bugs!!!! I had been eaten during the night and left with blood spot and bruises on my torso, arms, knees, and ankles!!! Oh God in heaven…save yourself and everyone you know and love…avoid this experience like the Black Plague!!! We were reimbursed…how nice. I am still recovering from the horror…it was only 6/27/2012. Do not stay at this so called hotel…it is a spider, roach, and bedbug motel in every single sense of the word…I hope you are running!!!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms facing the so called "Pool" are certainly waiting to consume you...But I...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tina S

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had at our property,
We are a three star Hotel with a four star rating.
On behalf of our hotel I would like to inform our TripAdvisor readers that our hotel is spotless and we does not have bedbugs.
Florida is a tropical State and does have many types of insects,
Our policy is If our guest are not happy with our property or its surrounding area we return any unused monies that is owed to you according to our hotel polices and procedures..
We are a beautiful Hotel and very proud of our property, clean rooms, and staff and have been well established for over forty years.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 14, 2012

What a fantastic hotel. I stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel was easy to find and only a 5 minute drive to Bayside and 15 minute drive to both North and South Miami beaches.

The staff at this hotel are fantastic. The receptionist couldn't do enough for us, even taking us to our room after checking us in. The room was exactly as shown in the photo. It was slightly smaller than standard USA hotel rooms, but that didn't bother us. It was clean, modern and comfortable.

There was free parking at the hotel and a lovely little courtyard where breakfast was served, along with T and coffee all day.

Some people have commented on the area, but I have to say I didn't find any issues with that, but I am from a big city myself. My 17 year old nephew regularly wandered along the road for food with no problems. There is no guest laundry, but the receptionist happily found us a local one we could drive to. The are plenty of places to eat within a short driving distance.

There was some noise from the room upstairs, but tbh, in a hotel this age that is to be expected and in any case the hotel give you free earplugs - clearly recognising this and doing what they can to address it.

We had a plumbing issue with our sink and the response was fantastic - in fact the maintenance man was in my room by the time I had walked back from reception. He was also very pleasant.

There are pool towels available from reception, not the usual napkin sized towels, proper towels!

We sat at the pool at night, but would warn that we did get eaten alive - so some deet or the like is needed - of course this is not the hotels problem, it happens worldwide.

I would most definitely stay here again, great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the pool side of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shopaholic888
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

We strive to become Miami"s number one choice hotel.
We offer great amenities,and provide excellent customer service to our guest by going above and beyond.
Our staff areconsiderate,polite,courteous,and make our guest feel at home.
New Yorker Boutique Hotel is their home away from home.

Looking forward to your next visit