“Read This Before Booking :)”

New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Ranked #81 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Hi,

I do not understand the bad reviews for this hotel? If you read the Travel Advisor reviews, they are spot-on truthful. This is a BUDGET hotel for a Miami-budget price. My 5 stars are for the BUDGET category. $150 (includes expensive daily hotel tax) is a GOOD rate during the boat show/Sobe Food & Wine Festival/Obama visit. It's a $25 taxi ride to and from ($50 total) to get to beautiful South Beach. Their newly decorated breakfast area is lovely. Breakfast is cofee, cereal, toast. No eggs or waffles or yogurt. Coffee is OK and beds are comfortable. I'll add pics when I get home. ****** oh, The shuttle service is NOT free ******** I told them I'll make that clear because several booking sites are advertising a free shuttle for them. They have a $10 (more than 1 person) to $15 (single passenger) shuttle service to airport. The employees at this hotel are VERY NICE. The shuttle driver went way out if his way to rush me to South Beach for a deadline. Then he delivered my bag to the hotel. We will stay there again simply for the nice stafff. The bus stop is across the street (1 minute) and a $2 fee + 50 min bus ride delivers you to a wonderful mall!! Hubby and I spent a full rainy day there. Lovely sushi restaurant upstairs and GREAT shopping. Every store you love is there. If you love espresso....Sur La Table is serving gorgeous complimentary ones (new brand of technology). Back to the hotel......the shower is like a sprinkle. It's completely fine for budget, but you may yell out if someone in another hotel room flushes a toilet and you lose cold water for a few seconds. Also, our room didn't have an electric plug in bathroom. No biggie for me, but I know that some people need their bathroom routine. Ot's an old hotel and you should expect that
if you book. Please don't stay there and then trash them for finding a hair. That is truly not a clutch-your-pearls moment.

• Stayed: February 2012
7  Thank texastravelAustin
There are newer reviews for New Yorker Boutique Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We booked this hotel kind of last minute for two nights during the Miami International Boat Show. We were skeptical upon arrival, but the front desk clerk said that the travel channel was there recently to film a show that would air in April, so we thought maybe the rooms were better than the front lobby appeared, and didn't think we would find anything else during this event. We were not overly impressed with our rooms either, especially when we found that they supplied ear plugs on the bedside table. So we went to dinner immediately upon check-in and stayed there for several hours because we did not want to go back to the hotel. In the morning it got even worse when my husband got into the shower to find a foreign hair and that the shower curtain did not reach the ledge, therefore spilling an enormous amount of water onto the entirely tiled room and he almost fell getting out. The last straw was going into the cupboards and finding a roach. We checked out a night early and the hotel would not refund our money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay there. It was in line with the reviews I saw. Clean room, free parking, good breakfast, fair enough for a person who wanted to shop during the day and rest at night ( I choose the rooms on the second floor and in the back, view to the swimming pool). If you have a rented car, no problem, you will be fine, not too much near to do. Mimi, Shirley and Walter made the difference, everything I needed they did their best to provide and solve immedialely. Thanks! You made me feel at home! I had an exceptional stay!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Vanessa B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I needed an overnight hotel close to the airport and chose this little gem. It was $80 bucks including tax and my room was basic but clean, comfortable and adorably decorated. I'll agree it was a tad noisy in the rooms at the front of the hotel but I wasn't expecting much and I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel across he board. I love that there was a fridge and 2 complimentary bottles of water in my room. The breakfast area in the back courtyard is a cool place to take unwind. I didn't get to the pool but it looked clean and refreshing.
The area is nothing special to say the least but if you had a car staying here you'd be golden. I agree with one of the other reviewers who said that the front desk only gave one restaurant recommendation and it was for a place they had some affiliation with down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from Biscayne would be quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Not in a great location but fine for a short stay. The rooms are OK, the staff are helpful and the breakfast is fine. You wouldnt want to stay for more than a night or two but this hotel does provide value for money. It can get a little noisy as the hotel is on a busy road.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2012

as there is no middle ground between Average and Very good I will lean more towards the Average. The hotel is situated on the Biscayne road same road that takes you to the sea port (about 10 mins drive) and it is close to the cos-worth to Miami beach, haven't said the location it self is not great, we arrived at night and many scruffy charterers lurked around maybe to the liqueur store few feet away from the Hotel.

We stayed here as other hotels in Miami where crazy expensive. This hotel I believe is from the 50's, and you do get that vibe. and although old I did get a refurbishment and the rooms are clean and modern (ish), however was not crazy about the street noise transmitted nor the sounds from my upstairs neighbors who apparently his wooden planked floor is my ceiling with no isolation between. You should expect something is up when the hotel provide free ear plugs by your bed instead of mint chocolates.
at the reception the staff is friendly, an elderly (but not saying she is old "in case she reads this review") was sweat and she was defiantly a character. She allowed to use her computer at the reception to print out stuff as the computer provided for guest was not hoked up to a printer. Another person worth a mention is a young black guy who I think was a bus-boy or something. he greeted every body who came for breakfast with enthusiasm and offered if he can bring you anything that you did not see at the breakfast counter his attitude literally lifts you up in the morning.
free WiFi, free breakfast (cerals, bagels, coffee and juice) free parking (not many of them)
Actually Not bad,

Room Tip: for a good nite sleep, ask for a pool facing upstairs room. should be the most quite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tosents
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is a bargain hotel. Bear in mind that your room is likely to be small and potentially noisy. i had a night of disturbed sleep - the people upstairs sounded like a herd of elephants.

Also, I was a bit disappointed that when I asked the staff at the desk for recommendations for places to eat and drink they only recommended one place down the street where you get a discount.

For female or single travellers I would warn that the street where the hotel is located is probably not the best place to wander late at night. I felt a little unsafe in the area. Although clearly up and coming it is still a bit rough around the edges.

Things I liked: the decor - whole 50s vibe is cool. Also, the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends