“Not impressed!”

Buffalo Tiger's Airboat Tours
Ranked #4 of 208 Outdoor Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Buffalo Tiger's Fla. Everglades Airboat Rides is located approximately 11 miles west of Krome Avenue on Hwy 41 on the Miiccosukee Indian Reservation. Our hours of operation 9am to 5pm Monday thru Sunday. We are Miccosukee family owned and operated. Our tour guides take you on a 45 minute guided tour that includes a stop at an authentic Indian camp with boardwalk. See wildlife in their natural habitat. Experience the wonder and beauty of the Florida Everglades.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Red Deer, Canada
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Not impressed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

After taking the Shark Valley Tram tour we wanted to experience an airboat ride and were pressed for time. When we stopped at this place they were just about to head out and had room for us. I had checked Trip Advisor the night before and this was one of the tours that had good reviews. Trip Advisor seldom steers me wrong but I only read several of recent reviews. I was pleased to see that overall, the ratings were Excellent and Very Good. Now I wish I had read the “Really disappointing, don't waste your money” review from December 29, 2011.

Our experience was much the same in that we were completely disgusted and shocked by the feeding and touching of alligators and birds out in the wild in order to give customers good photo ops. I didn't want a picture of a native American elder harassing the wildlife. We thought this was completely illegal, not to mention utterly unsafe, as well as detrimental to the animals.

I also chose this tour because it was billed as 45 minutes, a little longer than some of the others. We didn't count on spending 15-20 minutes at a traditional Indian camp on an tree island while the guide told us stories completely unrelated to the ecology and biology of alligators and the Everglades. He kept telling us 'you won't get this on other tours' and seemed to be trying to gratify his own ego.

This was a once-in-a-lifetime visit for me and I picked the wrong tour. Obviously lots of people enjoy this sort of thing as evidenced by the positive reviews. I just wanted to warn genuine nature and animal lovers to look elsewhere for an airboat tour.

Visited January 2013
13 Thank tothelimit
Betty O, Owner at Buffalo Tiger's Airboat Tours, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your experience. We apologize that you did not receive the type of tour we expect our tour guides to provide. We expect out guides to provide education of the Everglades, wildlife, and the Miccosukee people, and will address the issue.

Your experience was not the norm and we hope that you will give our location another opportunity to provide you with type of tours we are known for providing.

Melbourne
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“We went with the Miccosukee Evergaldes air boat ride that had Tiger in its name It had Tiger in its name”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The boat driver's knowledge was wonderfully informative and we got up close and personal with alligators as well as learn heaps about the Miccosukee culture and past lives.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank marshfish
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The tour and service was top notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

The service was excellent! From the moment we got there until we left, treated very well. The family that runs the tour was friendly and very knowledgable of the habitat. They respected the environment.

We did a private tour which was a little more expensive but it was well worth it. I learned a lot about the Everglades and tons of information about the animals that live there.

I would do this tour again!

Höör, Sweden
“We really enjoyed this tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Our guide (the only female guide in the Everglades) Showed us so many alligators in the 45-60 minutes the tour lasted. It was really ample time to get some excellent photos up close to alligators big and small.

What I also liked about it was that there were no tourist buses around when we were there. Hardly any wait, and a very laid-back friendliness from the staff.

Really recommendable!

Visited November 2012
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Super boat tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

The air boat tour was outstanding. Our guide. Was great. He found many alligators and birds and he picked up one alligator by the throat so we saw her up close. I recommend this tour. One issue the boat tour info does not appear in the section under Everglades national park. I had to put in a search for it. Everyone seemed to like it a great deal and so did we.

1 Thank Ruthlin