“Very Good Restaurant”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013

In our trip to Miami we decided to eat authentic spanish food and we stop in La Makarena, for the first time and our experience was very good, nice place, good service, excellent Paella in a nice atmosphere, with good food variety. We will recommend this place to others, and we will return back for sure!!

1  Thank Elizabeth Q

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Food was not fresh tasting seafood and definitely overpriced for the quality or quantity of the food. I even ordered dessert and was not close to what I expected. I did not consider this restaurant to be a good authentic Spaniard food representation. Service was terrible as well.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food at this restaurant. There many "tapas" restaurants that are little else than glorified Cuban cuisine but this one actually lives up to its billing. Like all tapas' restaurant, it is not cheap. The caldo gallego and the asturian soup were very good as were the chistorras (a thin chorizo). Service was good.

1  Thank DelBueno
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The location of this restaurant, in a strip mall, may not look inviting, but I assure you that the dishes were excellent and the presentation first class. A good selection of wines was also available.
However, the service is their problem. It took a long time to be seated and serviced and while the waiter was not very attentive, the food was good enough to ignore the issue until, after paying the bill, the waiter pocketed my credit card. In subsequent calls to the restaurant, they disavowed any knowledge of my card. Meantime, fraud charges were incurred all over town for gasoline and dinners. This is a small establishment, and I am certain that management and service share in all decisions.
I am willing to find another Spanish restaurant, were their honesty matches their commitment to service.

1  Thank TinkerTaylorSailor
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Very pleased with the quality of food at La Makarena. Miami is full of so-called Spanish restaurants offering pseudo-Spanish food at inflated prices.

La Makarena is the REAL DEAL! Great for excellent "tapas" at reasonable prices.

1  Thank RichRR