Tripadvisor
Miami
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Modern Cuban Spot EVER!”
Review of Chug's Cuban Diner

Chug's Cuban Diner
Order Online
Ranked #737 of 5,416 Restaurants in Miami
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hands down the MOST amazing modern Cuban food EVER. Yes, dead ass serious, everything I tried has internally battled with the tastes of our Cuban ancestors and these flavors have won! Geez I cannot explain how amazing this food was for me!

So I haven't tried all the menu, but I'm SURE it's all amazing! Let's start with the frita. HOT DAMN it's phenomenal, divine, scrumptious, to die for, and every other synonyms in the thesaurus. The star of the show though was the Mamey & Guava pastelito. Listen LINDA its amazing. I am a guava pastry lover and I didn't think there could be a replacement for the cuban classic, alas I was wrong AF. I wish I could have this pastelito every damn day DEAD ASS. Considered moving close by to make this happen. the cafe con leche was amazing as well!

The ambience is so cozy, I sat in the indoor booth seating curled up with the pillows and it was legit my happy place. It was nice, it was quiet, it was amazing. There's also outdoor seating which would work if you have a dog, which is great. The staff is very friendly and super helpful which made this experience come full circle in amazingness. I will be back very soon to try the rest of the menu!

This is a definite must try! They really outdid themselves here and it shows! I see the passion and love put into this place. MUST TRY. BUCKET LIST MUST. Thank me later!

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed December 6, 2019 via mobile

Great spot in the grove.
Miami bakeries are great but Chugs brings a little extra something with pastelito papii ! Delicious baked goods. I love the grove and so happy to have this gem here

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

My wife and I visited back in September, as we had seen a few pictures by chance on Instagram. We’re so glad we visited!

The coffee was excellent, Beltran’s bacon was superb with just the right amount of heat, but the stars were the French Toast Sticks; light and fluffy, super sweet and so, so good.

Well worth the short drive down to Coconut Grove.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2019

was glad to find this place to have a good coffee! had their cafe con leche ( without sugar) and found it to be the best in that neighborhood. Rice and beans are very tasty too! Good service and good food!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

We walked to this diner from our hotel in Coconut Grove. Great coffee and cool specials. Small place but they serve breakfast all day which is always a plus. Service with a smile. The kitchen sent out our meals 5 minutes apart which was annoying but we enjoyed the meal overall so I didn’t hold it against them.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Chug's Cuban Diner? Share your experiences!