“Great greek food at the Dolphin Mall”
Review of Taverna Opa - CLOSED

Taverna Opa
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Taverna Opa is bring the Spirit of Greece to Dolphin Mall!Exceptional ingredients, magical dishes and a nightly party of mythical proportions at Taverna Opa-Dolphin Mall.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Had the lunch special, salad and a pita gyros with brilliant potatoes, nice and friendly waitress who asked severeral times if everything was fine.
Good value for a tasty lunch, huge menu.

1  Thank JojoBreda

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Good food, affordable prices and fast service in a great location at the Dolphin Mall in Miami.
Greek food with an accent on more Middle Eastern than Mediterranean flavors...
Yes... there also is a belly dancer!

1  Thank marlecz
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

A friend of mine suggested that I visit this restaurant to have some of the best Gre seafoodek food in Miami. Boy was she right! The food there is delicious with lots of options for the heavy and lite eater. Lots of seafood dishes, all vegetable and meat dishes to choose from. I tried a seafood combination dish that was absolutely incredible. The mix drinks can be a bit strong but it will go nicely with the food.

Go early as it does get busy for dinner.

Enjoy the table dancer!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Never heard of this place before and although we had plans to go to PF Changs it was pouring buckets and no one wanted to run across the parking lot so we chose Taverna Opa for lunch. We were not disappointed with any of our choices and may I recommend the flat breads.. AMAZING!
A great find for hungry mall goers.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The ONLY reason I came here a second time after coming here a few weeks prior, was because I had already purchased a 50%-discounted $30 voucher that was about to expire. The first time I went to meet with my ex and her family and friends. The waitress during that first time there was a money-hungry, thieving wench. We took up 2 tables that could hold up to 4 people each, and the waitress voiced her complaint that not enough people were ordering food to make it worth her while, even though the bill totaled over $150! My ex {also} had a $30 voucher to use at the time. The bill came to $158 (including tax and tip), the waitress was given the $30 voucher and $130 cash. The waitress comes back, telling us we needed to give her more money, as there was a $4 balance still due. WHAT?!?!?!?!? I told her to show me the bill with the $30 credit applied, but she said she wasn't able to; blamed it on the cash register/computer not being able to print out an updated bill. I called BS! She gets the manager, and his dumb butt tries to explain it some kind of way that obviously made no sense. So I explain to both him and her, the original bill is $158. When you just remove the $30 credit, the amount due is $128; the tax is the same, applied to the original total; the gratuity is the same, applied to the original total. What don't YOU understand? If you were to apply the $30 credit BEFORE taxes and gratuity, the resulting bill would have been even LESS than $128! Finally, the manager shrugged his shoulders and gave us the 'OK' to leave - the bill has been settled. What a bunch of crooks!!! If it wasn't for the idea of losing $15, I would never have gone again, but I did. And the bill? NO issues with the waitress I had this time - $30 credit was applied as expected. HOWEVER, this waitress thought she was a better waitress than she was. I specifically asked for water - NO lemon. She even repeated my request ... 'water - NO lemon'. She comes back with water - AND a lemon wedged on the side of the cup, partially dipped in the water. I reminded her, I didn't want lemon. Her 'fix' - take the lemon off with her fingers ... are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!? Some stranger working in a restaurant, her hands constantly touching dirty cups and dishes after people have spewed their germs all over each cup/dish ... she expects me to drink from a cup she just put those same, germ-filled hands on the drinking-edge of? I had to tell her I was allergic to lemon as a way to persuade her to move her lazy butt back to the drink station and bring me a CLEAN cup of water, which she should have done in the first place if she had listened to herself speak. What a shame. The restaurant is decent, but the low-class wait staff they have working there, most certainly influences the more civilized, post-teen crowd from coming back. But then, I am learning that you can't expect anything better, from any restaurant at the Dolphin Mall in Miami, FL.

1  Thank AndrewJ5267