“Fabulous Food Tour, Loved It”

Miami Culinary Tours - Private Tours
$68.99*
Miami Food and Art Walking Tour of Wynwood Neighborhood
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The Miami Culinary Food Tour was fantastic, our tour guide Mirka was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. I enjoyed getting a flavor of South Beach. We tasted several different cultural foods, from delicious empanadas to gelato, yum... My favorite was Boliver's ceviche, it melted in your mouth. Meeting the Chef was also a highlight of the tour. The inside view of South Beach included stories about the cities Art Deco history as well as it's famous residents, like Versace. I would highly recommend going on this tour when visiting Miami Beach.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,292)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

First off, I was incredibly impressed with the knowledge-ability of the tour-guide we had. She really had her facts straight about every place we visited, and knew all about the art-deco history and culture of the surrounding area. Even if you aren't big on mixing a little learning into your fun, the tidbits of information regarding the food, the people, and even the buildings are interesting at the very least.

I had a few concerns about going into Miami on a food tour - not only does the area tend to be a bit crowded, I wasn't sure how easily we'd be able to park. The tour kicked off around 6 in the evening, which is usually prime-time for people be out and about. There turned out to be plenty of parking in the area that the tour was meeting up, and the cost to park wasn't bad at all. I think we spent around $6 on it, and we were even able to use our debit cards using the automated machines stationed on the sidewalk.

The other thing I wondered about before going on this tour, was how well a group of random people would do traveling and eating together throughout the night. I shouldn't have been worried; the tour guides are pros at getting the group to interact, and by the end of the night my husband and I were conversing with the other people on the tour as if we were old acquaintances.

As far as the food on the tour goes - it was incredible. They have two tours to choose from (Little Havana and South Beach), and we chose the South Beach tour for the variety we thought we would get on the tour. I tried things that were outside of my typical food-comfort-zone and ended up discovering my favorite seafood dish and rediscovering an old favorite. We tried restaurants that we never would have seen if not for the food tour - Miami is a big place, and although we would have loved to eat at these places before, discovering everything great on your own just isn't possible. One of the restaurants that we ate at on the food tour is even one of our top five favorite Miami eateries now!

For the price alone, the food tour is more than worth it. You aren't going to be able to sample so many dishes in an evening for less than the cost of a ticket, and it makes for a fantastic date. I don't recommend bringing younger children on this tour since the amount of walking may be tiresome for them (not to mention they may get bored and start to get rowdy in the restaurants) but this would be a perfect activity for a family with kids in their teens. I personally wouldn't bring my children until they were 15 or 16 - not because I think younger teens couldn't enjoy the tour - but because I don't think they would fully appreciate the foods at the level I would deem their ticket cost worth.

If you're in the area and you love to immerse yourself in culture, taste new and exciting foods, and spice up your night with interesting places and people... this is the activity for you.

1  Thank MasterofMom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great South Beach restaurants and food that I would not have tried on my own. Each stop was unique and delicious.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Can I give this tour 10 stars? Anna gets ten that is for sure! I took the evening tour my first day in South Beach (be sure to do this tour early in your trip, in three hours you cover quite a bit of history and you get your bearings in SoBe).

I just finished the tour and it was wonderful. Anna is very knowledgeable but beyond her knowledge, the tour is perfectly timed so that we have a little savory, a little drink, a little sweet, a little savory and little sweet.... We also had perfect weather with a cool breeze. There were 12 random people, all ages, from different countries and the US. We toured for about three hour and she kept us all together and engaged in the history. The food was fantastic and there was so much some took take-home bags. I bought a little something at one of the bakeries because I just couldn't resist. I plan to go back to all of them before I leave.

If I can recover from all this food, I plan to take the Little Havana tour before I leave.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Yesterday we had a great culinary tour with Richie. We stopped at 6 different locations and got to sample various cuisines ranging from Latin America and Italy to a New York City Jewish Deli. Richie was very informative and kept up a running commentary as we walked to each location. A plus for us was the wealth of art deco information we got as we walked by the many art deco buildings in South Beach all lit up for the night. Richie is fun, informative and very personable. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and highly recommend it.