“Architecture and Food - what a duo!”

Miami Culinary Tours - Private Tours
$68.98*
Miami Food and Art Walking Tour of Wynwood Neighborhood
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: Miami Culinary Tours brings you everything South Florida’s culinary communities have to offer as well as the culture and tradition behind those doing the cooking. We organize Miami food tasting tours that not only showcase a particular type of cuisine, but also the culture and history behind it, giving tour participants the full story. The food tours in Miami are divided into different categories depending on cuisine and neighborhoods and offer foodies, both residents and visitors to the area, a chance to sample delicious dishes.
Jenkintown
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Architecture and Food - what a duo!”
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I really enjoyed this this tour. We stopped in numerous restaurants/eateries and got to sample many delicious specialties from areas I have never visited. Included were Peruvian, Bolivian and Cuban restaurants.Yum! We got way more food than I anticipated. I was absolutely stuffed by the end of the evening.
Our guide was very knowledgeable, pleasant and efficient.
My one suggestion would be for you to make your reservation on your computer in advance. Since I did not travel with my computer, making the reservation was somewhat difficult. I could not use my credit card although my travelers check was accepted.
But the minor inconvenience was well worth tolerating for this enjoyable tour.

2 Thank Eileen E

Boise, Idaho
“Best part of our trip!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We went on an afternoon Miami tour and it was awesome! The tour guide was amazing; so patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about what she does. The history of Miami and her understanding of the area was amazing. The food was fantastic and the places we went were locally owned and operated. We loved everything about this tour!

It was a great combination of everything: history of the area + great local food + friendly people = perfect day!

Minneapolis, MN
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 161 helpful votes
“Experience the flavors of Miami with a culinary tour!”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife and I were in Miami for a conference and booked the South Beach and Little Havana tours a day apart.

What a great time! I only have positive things to say about the tours. Mirka is a wonderful guide - patient, informative, and passionate about what she does. She goes out of her way to ensure the group is together, that we're traversing traffic safely, and that everyone has food and drink. It was like visiting a good friend who fusses over you and does their best to ensure everyone is having a good time.

We took the evening South Beach tour, which allowed us to see the way building are lit up at night (beautiful), and the next day we took the late morning Little Havana tour. We went to Little Havana a little early to do our own touring (suggested), and happened to run into Mirka on the street. What you see on the tour is what you get in person. Even though she wasn't "on duty" at the time, she went out of her way to tell me the best cigar shop to visit and to give me a quick rundown of spots to visit before the tour started.

It was easy to find the meeting spots for the tours, but give yourself a little extra time - distances are greater than you think. Wear comfortable walking shoes - you will be walking 1+ mile. Bring an appetite - you'll get plenty of food. Bring an open mind - you're going to experience a broad range of food and drink. Bring an open heart - you're going to meet some nice people and have a great time.

I agree with the reviewer who suggested to take this tour early in your visit to find restaurants - it's a great idea.

In summary, I would hearily recommend this tour to people who want to learn more about Miami, its history, the origins of its food, and to enjoy a sampling of that food. Great value, wonderful guide, delicious food, and a lot of fun!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Brian P
Ottawa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Delicious AND informative!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

My wife and I did the South Beach Food Tour. We sampled the most delicious Peruvian, Cuban, Colombian and Argentinian food (oh and Italian gelato!).

The tour guide was very informative, articulate AND humorous! With insight into South Beach history, architecture and influences this tour is a must do!

One piece of advice would be to book this at the beginning of your trip to know where all the great eats are for the rest of your stay!

2 Thank Ryan S
Wakefield, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“New view on South Beach culinary diversity”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My wife and I have visited South beach numerous times, but eating out, I have found to always be a challenge. I would always go to restaurants in Little Havana, Bayside or other places around Miami. While booking the flight I was presented with an option to purchase the South Beach Food Tour. I chose the evening (6pm) tour of the arrival day.

We met our guide Mirka at the designated location, there was about 10 people in the group. From there, she took us on the tour where we sampled Columbian, Peruvian, Cuban, Italian, local Deli and Italian gelato. She also stopped at various places to explain the history of some of the buildings. My wife and I had a great time. While staying there we went back and visited some of the restaurant from the tour.

I recommend taking the tour when arriving at South Beach. It will make your stay much more enjoyable.

Visited December 2011