“Bad experience but could have been ok”

Knights Inn Miami Motel Bianco
Ranked #104 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I know that this was a cheap motel... and you get what you pay for! I truely got this. I reserved a room for a King size bed. It was my 1 year anniversary and we are on a tight budget. When we get to the place at 5pm there was only one spot to park in. Good thing! Small parking lot but free. I go to check in, the lady speaks rough English (expected it is Miami) and calls someone and she says something about with verb limpiar (which is to clean in spanish). Then the lady says sorry we gave away your room but we have a double bed room for you. We wont even charge you extra. Like she is giving me a deal? Come on. So long story short... I told her my story, she called someone again in Spanish, and we decided to get a refund from Orbitz! So I never even got to the room. The place on the outside looks like a Motel as expected but did not look bad in the lobby. I can't say that I would recommend this if you are expecting a king size bed. I think they over sell the kings on purpose. I have seen other complaints like this and didn't listen. NOW I KNOW FIRSTHAND!

Room Tip: Do not go there expecting a single bed.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I have to question some of the negative reviews of this motel, especially after staying here for 3 days. What do people expect for such a low price? The Hyatt this is not. But for the money and the location, you will not, you should not, be disappointed. If you are, then you really should book something that does not have "motel" in the name.

The motel is a smart, tidy little art deco style place, right on Biscayne Blvd. There are two parts to the motel, one being an old school, drive up to your door motel, and the other, a traditional 2 story, wrapped around a courtyard. The place has a look of a recent remodel. Clean and bright, with tile floors, orange deco walls and unique wall hangings and furniture in the lobby. The desk clerk was polite and efficient. The check in process hassle free.

I was given a corner unit, in the front, facing Biscayne. If you are sensitive to traffic noise, this is not the room for you. If you are a city dweller already, this is a great room. Nice windows looking onto Biscayne. A wrap around terrace, private to the room. The floors are tile. The furnishings older in appearance. The TV, small and old school. The bathroom was clean and tidy. The bed was firm and the pillows sufficient. The courtyard is beautiful. There are nice patio furnishings to lounge about on. There is a coffee counter and daily breakfast is served, utilizing this courtyard space. It is intimate and a great spot to gather and chill, or meet fellow travelers, if that is your thing. The breakfast was OK, typical offerings from pretty much any motel/hotel. Dunkin' Donuts, cereal, bagels, yogurt, juice, coffee. I did appreciate that the hours for breakfast were more in line with a vacationing schedule, from 8-11am, vs 6-9 at most other locations. This allowed for a decent selection, even if you came downstairs at 9am.

My issues with the place were few. The lighting in the rooms is in need of upgrade. There are two table lamps, and that is it. So nighttime is dim and early mornings as well. There are no plugs in the bathroom. There is no shampoo or other "normal" amenities in the room, like a clock. I also found it odd that there is a deposit required for the room key and TV remote. I could understand if this was an "hourly" motel, or I was somehow, sketchy looking. I did not have the $10 cash required, and was given a pass at registration. However, at 10:15pm, there was a knock on my door, with the desk clerk looking to see if I got cash. I did not, and never paid the deposit. Not sure why this is required, and how $10 could replace either product if it went missing. Just a weird policy and a bit off. The Internet connectivity was spotty, at best. I went hours without getting solid connectivity. I saw repeaters placed in the courtyard, but perhaps a couple more are needed.

All in all, this is a great value for the money. It is clean, safe feeling and the whole staff seemed nice. The location is perfect for anyone wanting to get into Miami Downtown, South Beach or Aventura. I went to all of these locations and they are all convenient and close. Again, I wonder what some expect, but this met my expectations and exceeded in some respects. I will stay here again, and I will have my employees stay here when on business.

Room Tip: Inside Courtyard rooms will be less noisy and closer to the Internet repeaters.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2011

All I needed was cheap and clean. A place to feel comfortable. And I got all I needed. The room was a little bright at night but I fell asleep and did not notice lol. It's fine trust me...nothing bad to report.

Room Tip: AC was loud in my room I think it was room 21. I am sure you can switch to a quieter room though.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Motel Bianco is not in a great part of town. But if you like experimental music and modern art, this area really is a hot spot if you know where to look (such as Churchill's Pub and Sweat Records). We come to stay here every year for INC (the International Noise Conference) and Summer of Weird. Its in walking distance from the venues the shows take place in. The front desk really is on top of keeping the crack dealers and prostitutes out (unlike other places like Seven Seas Motel...AHHHH). They will also help you get parking if they see the spaces are limited. There is a nice internal courtyard. The place has a deco feel. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the coutryard are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is the second time I've stayed here in motel bianco and i would have to say the first time was a lot better than this time around. I booked the Courtyard King on there main website for Aug 18-22, when we arrived at the hotel and got into our room it was a small full size bed!, it was already 8pm we tired from driving and just wanted to go to bed so we went to the front and told the young lady that we asked for a king not full not even queen. she moved us to a "suppose" two kind size bed room, when we got there it was a two size full beds but we were way to freaking tired to go back, i can't even begin to explain how uncomfortable we slept that night, it was just horrible. I was so pissed off i kept waking up in the middle of the night almost falling off the bed and the next day after we came back from the event we attended i spoke to the late night person there a man and he apologized for everything and promised us a king size the next morning. We slept in different beds that night because they were so small. Sure enough the guy kept his promise, the rest of the trip was fine but the whole changing rooms twice even when i reserved a the king size room is ridiculous, i will only return to this place if last min plan. Next time we will stay at the Hyatt and pay extra for everything if it mean we'll get what we paid for. The rest of the room was "ok".

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

While the late night check in staff was very friendly and helpful, they even made sure that we were safe while we moved our car at night (the area is not the best), the evening desk staff were rude. They questioned my husband as if he were not a guest, even though she had just seen him a few minutes before coming in to use the public area internet services. The cleaning staff seemed nice, although since they did not speak English, it was a bit difficult to communicate with them. It happened to be a bit cool at night, so when they ran out of heaters, we had one chilly night. You should also be aware that you have to pay a deposit for the t.v. remote control & the room heater. However, it should be noted, the deposit is returned once you check out and return the items. Overall, this place, is "a get what you pay for" type of motel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Naomi B
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Went to Miami with my family and the first night we went to seven seas we didn't like so we went to Bianco even though it was more money . We stayed for the next two nights , the room was clean nice and comfortable. Only thing i wish was they should have a pool. They have a security guard at night. They change your sheet every day even when your in the room. For example we had put a stain on the sheet by mistake. And we came back they had change it. We had two closet , a desk area , and a fridge. I thing to recommended ask for the rooms by the courtyard because those are way bigger. They give free breakfast every-morning. You suppose to leave the hotel at 11am but if you let them know in advance they'll give you TWO EXTRA HOURS with NO CHARGE.
I will be definitely be staying here again it worth the price !

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family