“Hidden secret”

Fortuna House Apartments
Ranked #16 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The Fortuna house is a hidden secret of Miami. We are a family of 4 and on a small budget. Nice apartment type house that was very clean, but had small bathrooms. The ladies that run the place are very nice and helpful. There is 3 floor and had no elevator. New Ikea style furnishing. Walking distance to eat and the bus line was free to ride!!! Good value and a great place to stay before a cruise.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Robert H
There are newer reviews for Fortuna House Apartments

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our Miami friends recommended this place so we gave it a shot. They stayed here last month for a few weeks while waiting for their condo to be remodeled and said they were really comfortable. We felt like we were living like locals. It was on a quiet residential street with a beautiful bay view at the end of the block. We were really close to tons of cool things to do in the immediate area. Lots of local bars & hangouts.

PROS: loads of space,well equipped ( coffee pot,hairdryers, toiletries, microwave, stove, full fridge), good value for money considering location & the amount of space. CONS: No pool but the beach is nearby. Other than that this proved to be an fantastic base to explore South Beach & the Midtown Miami/ Wynwood Arts District.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mtngalinfl
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The apartments are no doubt very good and very conveniently located however i would suggest to reconfirm your booking before coming down.

As it happened with me, I flew from charlotte to orlando and then drove from there to miami, my son got sick somewhere in between this 10 hour travel and I wanted to reach the hotel asap so that he can have some rest. But I was in for a rude shock, to my surprise when I reached there at night i was told that the room is not available due to some plumbing issue. i was suggested some places nearby at high costs.

In all I was stranded in the middle of the night with my sick 6 yr old boy and 9 months old girl. They did provide me accomodation the next day but again charged me on current rates (for 1 day) which were much higher instead of the rates I booked on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Himanshu G
Reviewed March 14, 2014

This place was perfect for our weekend getaway! We were just 1 mile from the Arena , Bayfront Park & Bayside Shops.

We enjoyed having free parking and took the free Miami Trolley to the Arena.

We are definitely coming back to Ultra this year since its so close. Our group of 4 slept very comforatably. The apartment was decorated really nice and modern. We were given ample towels and linens and the staff was really nice. The place was very quiet and relaxing and the price was great! Lots of space and value for your money. Location A- PLUS!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Fausto198
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We came down from Naples and I can honestly say this was a surprise. The location was great! Parking free and really convenient. The area, the people, and the ambiance really set the mood for a real South Florida vacation. The rooms had a modern feel and were really comfortable and clean. Makes you feel like home, but nicer. The staff was very nice and polite. There was a beautiful bay view at the end of the street that we enjoyed in the evenings. The Latin community was exotic, especially the food! Fortuna House made it possible to find great accomodations for an extremely good price. The manager explained everything we needed and wanted to know about the apartment and the area. All in all, I can say hands down, my husband and I had a wonderful stay here. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family for an ultimate Miami getaway!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Great place and great location. Affordable and clean. A very kind lady greeted me and took the time to show me the three studios available at the time and let me choose. All of them were great. Perfect for short and long stays. Walk to the end of the street at night for a visual treat. Will stay here again!

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank GrandpaNature
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great stay at the Fortuna House Apartments. My sister, her boyfriend, my boyfriend and myself stayed here for 6 days (one being New Years Day). This time of year is one of Miamis busiest and most expensive time of year to visit. We found that for the location (close to the highway to get to Miami beach/night life ectect, a 30 second walk to the bay and a great view and restaurants/bars close by) we paid a very fair price!

Not only a great price and location, but very clean! Which is a huge plus!

I want to specify and say that this next part is not a complaint at all: We had drove from New Jersey over night non-stop (22 hours) and reserved the night before we were planning on getting to the apartments so we could go right to sleep. Half way through our drive we got and email saying that a water pipe had broke in our room and it might effect the time we could check in. Being optimists we decided to just play it by ear and take care of the situation when we arrived. When we got there at 8am, there was not a room available until 12pm for us. Of course this was worst case scenario but again we made the best of it and got breakfast (and beers of course!) and sat near the bay until we could check in.

The lady who rents the apartments out, Esther was glad to give us a refund for that night and was very apologetic. We are very happy that everything worked out because we will definitely be keeping Fortuna house apartments in mind every time I travel back to the Miami area and I will be recommending it to anyone.
I hope this review does not discourage anyone from staying because I think it says something about a place where the people are honest and accomidating and willing to make people happy.

Onilda the house keeper was a very nice woman, she was very helpful and sweet.

I read reviews before booking this place and almost all of them were positive which was a huge factor why I had booked our stay here. So hopefully I can help someone else out searching for a place to stay in Miami. Enjoy!

Thanks again Esther and Onilda!

• Stayed: January 2014