“Second visit -Still a lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fortuna House Apartments

Fortuna House Apartments
Ranked #9 of 37 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Miami, Florida, United States
“Second visit -Still a lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here last year for 5 nights while visiting our son who had rented an apartment for 4 months at the Fortuna House . This time we came for a weekend before a cruise to the Bahamas. The Port of Miami is only a few blocks away so it was a convenient spot and we knew from our experience last year that we would be happy. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen useful.We had a relaxing visit again,it's a quiet place. Our son had also raved about his experience there. We were happy to return to a familiar place & were greeted with open arms!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luxifer E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I flew into Miami and had to find a 3 week rental fast. The Fortuna House was on my list of places to visit. I have to say whoever decorated this place did a great job. They showed me 8 rooms. All were a little different but relatively the same size and all equally nice. I got into the unit right away, had a great stay, and found it to be a real winner at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Eliz M
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This place is not as advertised, rooms don't look like in the pictures. My advice is visit the place, look at the neighborhood specially at night and if you feel comfortable then stay. Good luck finding a parking space. The reason why I did stay was because I was not going to get my money back, I learned my lesson and since this awful experience I only stay in places where I can get full refund.

Room Tip: Dont give money in advance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ramtha67
fortunaapts, Manager at Fortuna House Apartments, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We keep all of our photos online current and make sure that the rooms appear exactly as advertised. We show our units daily from 11 am to 7 pm. No appointment is necessary. Because we are not a hotel, we are an apartment rental, our cancellation policy does not allow same -day cancellation. We have a 14 day cancellation policy and our policy is clearly listed on our website and all online booking sites that you find us on.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was a wonderful hotel and I would definitely stay here again!!!
I really enjoyed my 2 weeks stay here!!
Nice clean rooms!! Beautiful place and nice personnel. I love the little hangout area in front of the building too - very welcoming. Our children were in love with the caretaker of the building. She clearly loves kids and it was nice coming back from a long day at the beach to a place that felt like home! Cheerful rooms and cheerful people always a plus!

1 Thank Candice M
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We came to Miami for 12 nights to visit family that live in the downtown Miami area so the Fortuna House was a perfect Iocation for us. The apartments were really cute and looked like the photos online. We got to see 4 when we got there & also took a peak at a few more when the housekeepers had the doors open. They are all a little different but all tastefully done , clean,& larger than your average hotel room. The area was nice . There was a beautiful new Publix supermarket a few blocks away and I really enjoyed walking around the Midtown Shops and restaurants nearby. The staff lives on the property & were very helpful . I was able to do laundry & parking was simple,right in front of the building, and free. There were lots of European guests staying there. Really nice crowd, made for some interesting conversations!
Overall had an awesome stay & would come back.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Dana K
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are locals and needed to stay nearby overnight because we were having construction done on our home on Miami Beach. We have driven past this hotel many times and it's located close to an excellent shopping plaza, Bayside Marketplace, which includes several restaurants and a boardwalk with beautiful ocean views. Really nice at night! Love this location and even more so the lovely caretaker who seemed to help us find anything we needed (even toothpaste at 2am). She was a sweetheart! Rooms are clean, modern and cheery. Would definitely tell any visiting relatives to stay here!

1 Thank Alex M
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I came down from Orlando and were able to rent out 7 rooms out for my wedding party. Everything else in the downtown area was so overpriced! We really got a great deal at Fortuna House. Everyone loved their rooms and was happy with my choice for booking at the Fortuna House.The rooms were spotless, and well-maintained. The wifi was really fast, the location was perfect - 5 minutes from the beach, where I was getting married. The parking was free and painless -we had no trouble at all; a nice change compared to previous trips to south beach where parking was $40 per night, with 30 minutes wait time.

We felt very comfortable, as if we'd rented a big house. The staff was very nice and friendly, and very accomodating to our requests. We all gathered in the outdoor garden area out front in the morning for coffee. It was a very relaxing stay & we will definitely be back in winter.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple