“Perfect Location, clean and a great price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fortuna House Apartments

Fortuna House Apartments
Ranked #13 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Tampa, FL
“Perfect Location, clean and a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed three nights as my dad is hospitalized at Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami Beach. As my parents live in the Florida Keys (Marathon), it was not feasible to make the 2+ hour drive every day. I was trying to find an alternative to the pricey hotels on South Beach and I found it at the Fortuna House Apartments. It was exactly what we needed - clean, equipped and cozy. We were in walking distance to many neighborhood restaurants and stores and very close to the port and Bayside marketplace. The on-site housekeeper is a sweetheart and made us feel right at home. Also, Esther (the Property Manager) made the whole last minute "rental" experience very easy for me! I definitely will stay here again, but I would recommend this place to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #3 on the first floor which was very nice! Not much of a view, but the living spa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tpagirl66

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Bahia Blanca, Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Mature husband and wife on a 4 day stay in Miami over the Christmas break, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel, found it clean (which is unusual for a rental apartment complex in Miami), and with excellent predisposition from the staff to make our stay comfortable. The complex itself is old and the hallways smelly, but compensated by its good location in the midtown area, with free parking on the street, and a lower than the average price for a 3-star hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kkayakker
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed only one night bu would have enjoyed it to stay there for a longer time. Every room has a different style and upon arrival I had the opportunity to choose from different rooms. All rooms are clean and equipped with a kitchen and TV. The neighborhood is quite and you'll find your sleep. There's a 24 hour persons available if there are any problems. You'll receive good value for your money. I'll stay there again if I'm in Miami again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank cpuboni
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at the Fortuna House for the month of October. We were so tired when we got to Miami that we went straight to the Fortuna House Condos. Our room was not ready because we arrived at 8 am so they had us wait just a few minutes while they got a room ready in a hurry. Normal checkin was at 3pm but they definitely went out of there way to help us get in there early. We were so surprised at the room. It was a spacious studio with a really nice kitchen fully stocked with all manner of appliances and cooking ware. Super clean.We were on the third floor with a view of a courtyard. The TV had 150 cable channels and free WiFi with excellent speed. It is a good, central location in downtown Miami. There was a Publix ,a Walgreens, a Starbucks, and some amazing restaurants within walking distance. This is not a standard hotel. Rather, it is a condominium unit which has full-time residents. The rooms and surroundings were clean and the neighborhood was nice and close to everything. There were also washers and dryers. (although we rarely used them since they gave us extra linens and towels). My deposit was refunded the very next day after leaving and they responded to all my inquiries in a timely and efficient manner. This was a really great deal and I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rivkah R
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked an apartment at the Fortuna House for my brother who was doing an internship in Miami. He is a med student in NY & was doing a rotation at Jackson Memorial Hospital and needed a place to stay nearby. I toured the property before booking and was really impressed .I saw 4 rooms, which looked just like the pictures on the fortunahouse website. The place was really clean and awesomely decorated.This also was the most reasonably priced apartment I could find in downtown Miami. There was a limited selection of furnished housing. My brother had a great experience there and we stayed with him for a weekend to go to South Beach and did some downtown shopping & clubbing. It was close to everything & parking was great. The onsite housekeeper took care of my brother and treated him like family. The manager was really attentive to all of our needs from beginning to end. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Maysa S
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I came across the Fortuna House by chance. The service and hospitality my friend and I received for our one week stay was unbelievable, I’m still in awe. Upon arrival we were greeted by a wonderful lady who gave us the option of which room we'd like to stay in, even the residents already there were welcoming. The rooms were well kept, very modern, and bright. We couldn't have picked a more perfect location. It was close to all the places we wanted to go (grocery stores, restaurants, downtown Miami etc.) It was such a convenience to have housekeeping available as well as management keeping in touch to make sure were doing well (you can't get any better than that). My friend and I have already decided that this is the place to stay when we come back to Florida.

Juliet and Camille

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juliet C
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room was very clean, no odors, ac worked like it should, Flatscreen TV worked, lights no problem, bathroom was spotless, toilet worked, the shower worked properly (water got hot quickly). I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The price I paid was $145 per night and I think I got way more for the price I paid. The apartment was double the size of any hotel room and had a full kitchen. There were 4 of us so it was nice not feeling cramped in a tiny hotel room. Granted the bathroom was on the small side but clean. This was my first vacation rental and I think its the way to go. You get much more for your money.The location was great, we were staying there because we were going to the American Airlines Arena for a show and it was walkable. We also had some friends staying on South Beach and wanted to be close to them too. We got over there in 7 minutes.I didn’t take advantage of all the amenities: Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, stove, Free wireless internet, Iron and full size ironing board, On site laundry, Dining and cooking utensils. The parking is free, which was an added plus. The area was nice and we felt safe. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple