WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 37 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room was very clean, no odors, ac worked like it should, Flatscreen TV worked, lights no problem, bathroom was spotless, toilet worked, the shower worked properly (water got hot quickly). I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The price I paid was $145 per night and I think I got way more for the price I paid. The apartment was double the size of any hotel room and had a full kitchen. There were 4 of us so it was nice not feeling cramped in a tiny hotel room. Granted the bathroom was on the small side but clean. This was my first vacation rental and I think its the way to go. You get much more for your money.The location was great, we were staying there because we were going to the American Airlines Arena for a show and it was walkable. We also had some friends staying on South Beach and wanted to be close to them too. We got over there in 7 minutes.I didn’t take advantage of all the amenities: Kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, stove, Free wireless internet, Iron and full size ironing board, On site laundry, Dining and cooking utensils. The parking is free, which was an added plus. The area was nice and we felt safe. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our experience at Fortuna House was absolutely fantastic. We arrived to a very clean and well-kept building where we were greeted with an incredibly sweet lady who showed us several suites, allowing us to pick which one we preferred. The building was kept in excellent shape, cleaned daily, and very safe. The manager was readily available, and very helpful with any questions we had. All matters were addressed immediately. The kitchen and bathroom were well-equipped and well-maintained. The images on the website were a good representation of the modern and stylish room designs. The neighborhood was very safe and was close to many stores, and only a 10 minute drive to the beach. Finding parking was also a breeze. I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: You should have a choice of 3-4 rooms before you move in.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had to relocate to Miami on short notice for work, and needed a temp apt while I searched for something permanent. Fortuna House was perfect - the location is great, only 5 mins drive from downtown. Easy street parking. Groceries, restaurants, etc. all less than a mile away. Units are clean and modern, housekeeper always on site, and management available seemingly 24/7. Very quiet, never heard a peep from other tenants and always felt safe!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Fortuna House was a great place to stay. I stayed there for four nights in early August. The manager was a great help in getting everything reserved and the housekeeper made sure our room had everything we needed. Parking is easy and located right in front of the building. It was a very secure and quiet place. Everything is close by; restaurants, bars, the beach, parks, grocery stores, shopping.. I would highly recommend this place to everyone vacationing to Miami.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarissaGonzales
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I relocated to Miami for a new job and stayed at the Fortuna House for just over two months. The apartments are exceptionally well run, clean, with all the amenities you'll need. It was easy for me to get in touch with the managers any time I had a question and I was answered within minutes. The location is great and close to everything (grocery, restaurants, beaches, airport etc). I didn't have a car for two weeks and was able to walk, bike, or take the city bus to most places. I'm so happy to have made the choice to stay here while I searched for a permanent home. I highly recommend that you stay if you are considering it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

It's a nice and cozy good place to stay on vaca and the location is good 5 min to Miami beach and parking was easy no hassle the housekeeper was very nice she always ask if we was ok i would recommend to a freind

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice place and friendly staff, would recommend staying here again. Worked at Jackson Hospital for 1 month in the neurosurgery dept. while staying here; need to rent a car if doing the same as it is not a walkable distance. Washers/Dryers on site, fully furnished with towels and kitchen supplies. Landlady very nice and always present. Parking out front on side of street (can be difficult around 5pm). Owners go out of their way to make this a great place to stay. Excellent location in downtown Miami on 26th and Biscayne. 5 minutes from SoBe, 5 minutes from Downtown, 5 minutes from Jackson Hospital. 1 minute walk to the bay from where you are staying. Has the "Miami" feel to it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business