“Enjoyable, enjoyable!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tamiami Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tamiami Guest House
You added Tamiami Guest House to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 22 Miami B&B and Inns
“Enjoyable, enjoyable!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My boys and I arrived at Tamiami Guest House on Dec 9th 2013. A friendly elderly man greeted us in spanish, that really didn't matter because his smile, helpfulness and friendliness bridged our communication gap.

We were taken to our room, CLEAN and INVITING! I was definitely not disappointed and neither were my boys. The fridge was stocked with breakfast items... NICE!

Not too long after the gentleman's wife was introduced to us. She also spoke spanish. The pool was inviting and my boys did not hesitate to dive in.

Next day I met their daughter and son in law, who speak english... lol... hurray! The warmth continued with them and very friendly and helpful.

There is a supermarket in walking distance and many other places in walking distance. If you have a rental car nothing is far from your reach.

I must say I am enjoying my stay here and will definitely be back!!!

Hurray and congrats to Tamiami Guest House for a job well done. I give you 10 stars.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KaySamJo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent 2 nights in this place with my boyfriend and we both loved it! The hosts are really nice people. We had all we could ask for: a room with a doble bed and a closet, a small living room with a fridge full of things for breakfast, a small kitchen and a nice bathroom, and of course good wifi connection. We didn't use it but theres also a pool behind the house and a space to do bbqs or just chill. The price was reasonable and we even regreted not staying longer. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BelenUka3
venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

quiet is a wonderful place clean, the treatment is super friendly owners and educated people to trust each time I travel to miami is my place of arrival and felix cafe is the maximumVisit them they recommend

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was an absolutely excellent place to stay. I stayed four nights and from the moment that I arrived I was made to feel extremely welcome.
The email communication was prompt and helpful from my initial booking and i was not disappointed when I arrived either.
The hosts were very hospitable, even when I arrived at midnight. The room was so well appointed with a comfortable bed (and provision for family sleeping), a kitchen and it was spacious and clean. The owners even gave a discount as I was a single traveller.
The room had lots of extra bonuses- I was provided with a well stocked fridge for my breakfast as well as water, tea and coffee. It was a delightful surprise and most welcome.
The guest house was also well situated - a short distance from the airport and taking the number 11 bus ($2 one way) will take you to downtown Miami. (A taxi will cost $34!)
The neighbourhood was safe to walk in, even at night. The hosts provided lots of useful and honest information and even gave me several lifts to ensure that I could get to my excursions. I paid a very reasonable charge for this - saving me time and money.

I would highly recommend this as a place to stay in Miami; I was sorry not to be staying longer. I couldn't have asked for a better guest house or kinder hosts. Thank you for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: email the guest house in advance - they will help you to book.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank HolidaySaaj
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked the Miami guest house but actually stayed in the Tamiami which is opposite in the same road. Luis from the Miami guest House met us at the car rental centre Miami airport and next day very kindly took us to the Port of Miami for our cruise. Our unit which was like an efficiency (with ample food supplied for breakfast)was spotless and recently renovated. Guests are welcome to use their pool. Felix and Edita the Cuban owners were charming and although they spoke very little English we managed to converse in our poor Spanish and enjoy a cup of cuban coffee. Just a short distance away is a good supermarket and several restaurants. If you are prepared to use public transport (which is quite good in Miami) you might not need a car while staying here. I would highly recommend both the Tamiami or Miami Guest House.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pat_Celine
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed for two nights and think that we had a nice place and it was very good value for the money. We had a nice one room appartment which was very clean and had a little kitchen. The people were very friendly, although they didn't speak much English. A word of caution: this is not a standard Motel or so with a reception and other guests around. It is a normal house and you don't even see from outside that rooms are rented. Quite frankly, we didn't even know if rooms are rented officially and were a bit sceptical in the beginning. However, everything was fine, we had our privacy and we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dan B
Scarborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We spent one night here and found it to be a nice little place. It has a family feel, in that it is in a modest neighbourhood and the owners are very friendly and kind and go out of their way to be helpful and sociable. We especially liked being able to experience the ambience in a suburb of Miami with smaller houses and regular people. Lovely!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple