“The bomb diggity of Miami apartments! RECOMENDED” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Carlyle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Carlyle
You added The Carlyle to your Saves list
Ranked #25 of 37 Specialty Lodging in Miami
“The bomb diggity of Miami apartments! RECOMENDED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

An absolute plethora of space looking out over the Miami beach coast and Ocean Drive. The rooms are VERY spacious, marble flooring throughout with a slick walnut dash trim all around the apartment.

The appliances were plentiful and very useful. We used the coffee pot everyday and cooked sugar cured bacon on the stone hob. large flat screen TV and the mother of all beds that I couldn't touch the side if I lay down each way. Our highlight being the dual sinks in the bath all decked out in lush marble with a built in wetroom. Everything you would need and more.

Highly recommended. I booked through Mr Mark Amery and he was also very helpful and his prices are the lowest from what I researched.

If you want to feel like a rockstar this is the place to look!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gphoenix1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the condos.. great space and location for the money. And the restaurant and lounge were really, really good. The staff was very attentive to us,and made sure that we were very well taken care of. Quite friendly for a South Beach place... and I've had my share of attitude from some of those places. Really fun place, to hang out on the weekend.:!

• Stayed April 2013
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I just got back from a long weekend in South Beach. I stayed in 3C at the Carlyle. What a perfect location!!! It was steps to everything! It was about 2 blocks from Party Central so we could sleep when we needed to but close enough to get to everything. The Concierge Lillian was very friendly and helpful when we checked in. I had found 3C through VRBO and booked directly through Rita. The condo was a one bedroom with two bathrooms which was huge!!! We were two women and the extra space was perfect. The unit came with two beach chairs and beach towels which was great since we flew in from Maryland. The unit even had a hair dryer. I had looked into hotels but the rooms were so small that I was worried we wouldn't have enough room. So glad I went with the condo.
Across Ocean Drive was the park and then the ocean. The beach was beautiful and we spent every day enjoying it. On Sunday we had to check out at 11 but our flight wasn't until 8:20pm. We spent the day enjoying the pool at the Savoy Hotel on 5th and Ocean. You can get a day pass for $25 which was worth it. The two pools were great and it was nice to have a place to keep our luggage.

Room Tip: 3C was great!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank rene20874
Lutry, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Apartment 4A is astonishing! Three bedrooms, 3 baths, huge living room facing the sea. I stayed there with my wife and kids from April 2nd thru the 11th. It was magic! I was surprised at the amenities offered as it was appointed as well as our flat in Europe. And no surprises there, since I heard that the owners are European and use this apartment as their residency when they travel to the US. All you need to bring with you are your bathers since it is fully equipped. The location is exactly what you would expect by being in the middle of where everything is happening. Hundreds of bars and restaurants are within walking distance and all the shopping you can hope for is 4 blocks away on Lincoln Road. Amazing experience. Will do it again next year for sure

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank 961AMeda961
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The rooms are filthy, there was no hot water one whole day. Small rooms, bathroom needs more cleaning. Housekeeping sucks. I left the sign service please on my door and 5 hours later noting happend. Exepct my door was left open. I was freaking out because all my stuff was left in my room. None of my valuables were missing but...
We were attacked by pushy waiter trying to get us to sit down at Restaurant Carlyle where we stayed... and later, one margarita 25$. They were extremely rude after our complain....
That will make them rich for sure....
They will give you 5 diferent menus but no menu with drink prices. THIEFS
Every year until now we eat at Clevelander. But after this experiences we will avoid Ocean drive for a while...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent three days in March 2013 at the Carlyle in a one bedroom apartment. The stay was very nice, the apartment was great with beach towels and beach chairs provided. Bathroom was luxurious. The location is excellent right on Ocean Drive in SOBE. Many great restaurants although more on the sidewalk "gauntlet" are not so great I think. Look for restaurants with lines and no "hawkers" to find better food. Would recommend a Carlyle apartment for someone looking for a great SOBE apartment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lakeland21
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Booking through Paul was a breeze. He was so quick to get back to me with answers to my questions. The concierge was helpful (Damian and Alex) and the condo was exactly what we were hoping for! IT was nicely decorated, spacious and right on Ocean Drive. There is a parking garage around the corner on 13th and it was a decent price at 20$ Max per day. We were very happy with the condo and also enjoyed having appetizers and drinks at the cafe downstairs. We never had a meal there but did have the 2 for 1 happy hour which was excellent. As with most restaurants on Ocean Drive, the liquor drinks are HUGE and you cannot share the free drink.... fortunately, we were drinking beer and wine so it worked out perfect. I believe the beers were 8$ each which made them 4$ each at happy hour. Can't beat that price on Ocean. Also - the 10$ glasses of wine were only 5$ each ( with the free drink). The wine was definitely a deal as they did offer decent selections. Overall, a fantastic stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Seneca7777
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Cardozo Hotel
Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza
The Tides South Beach
#68 of 205 in Miami Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,094 reviews

Been to The Carlyle? Share your experiences!