“Good value IF you sign up for free tickets”
Review of Miami Improv Comedy Club - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Miami Improv Comedy Club
Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good value IF you sign up for free tickets”
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Fun night out; make sure you sign up for their VIP club (it's free) and they call you and offer you free tickets to certain shows (saves $$$). Food isn't bad but I usually don't eat there. There is a two drink minimum per person; those drinks do not have to be of the alcoholic variety to qualify. Comedians are usually very funny and it's something different to do than say...dinner and a movie.

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will not got back!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

There are so many reasons not to go to the Miami Improv. It is a terribly run establishment. The manager just wants to create drama instead of helping you solve the problem. He creates much bigger issues, and won't listen when you try to talk to him, cuts you off, gets angry, and just kicks you out, for no reason! My waitress was also rude, and the drinks were $35 for two mojitos which were the drink special. Seriously?

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sheffield M
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“it was ok”
Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been to several comedy clubs. Paid more to go to the improv expected more. Drinks were more ($16 / margarita so weak I didn't even get a buzz after 2, got billed for 2 cokes for my husband and he never got a 2nd one - cheap business folks), parking was more, seating was terrible, packed in like sardines, couldn't even talk to my husband without yelling and he was sitting across the table from me. Here's a note, couples want to sit by their date - let them sit together, not across from each other in a noisy room.

Comedy was good - comedians actually had funny material and didn't have to do off-color jokes their entire stand-up time.

check the improv off my bucket list. been there, done that, don't need to go back.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointed!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am not here to review how expensive the Drinks were or how much the cost was for admission. The Headliner was Eddie Griffin, this is the second time that I have seen his show once in Ft. Lauderdale and this last and only time at the Miami Improv. On both occassions I have walked away with the feeling that he has left it all on the stage. My issue is with the staff of the Miami Improv very unfriendly from the person who is at the will call ticket window to the person at the door and the so called supervisor or managers their customer service skills are appalling. Story of events My wife and I arrived for the late show at around 9:00pm for a 10:45 show time. I bought the 2 tickets for this show on the 22nd of February for a show date of April 14th I arrived early as I always do to insure that I receive a good seat. When I went to the will call window and requested my admission tickets the person at the window was not able to find. Finally after a 10 minute wait the person was able to find. I asked this person if she would assign us a seat or have VIP seating as they do at the Ft. Lauderdale Improv. She stated that this was not their policy that we would have to stand in line.My wife and I went and got in line as advised, This is where my next issue begins people started arriving and began going right up to the so called supervisor or manager and being let right into the comedy club. I walked over to the person at the door and asked what was going on. He stated that these folks were VIP and had reserve seating. I then requested to speak with the so called supervisor or manager and advised him of what I had been told by the person at the will call window. I was told that these folks bought their tickets a month in advance and that this was why they had VIP and/or assigned seating. I advised him that I had bought my ticket almost 3 months in advance to make a long story short I felt shafted. I went back to the line and waited for the staff of the Miami Improv to finally open the doors this happened at 11:15pm. FinalIy I will do what every person should do if not satisfied with the service and/or treatment they receive for their hard worked money never go back. This is unfortunate because I really enjoy the comedians that the Improv Clubs bring to the South Florida area. I will just cross off the Miami Improv and continue going to the Ft. Lauderdale and try the West Palm Beach Club as well. Message to the Miami Improv treat your customers better or like me that will never come back again. I hope this post helps someone. Thanks

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jose M
Miami Lakes, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Not worth the laugh”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The Improv Miami or any place else are getting too expensive not only the price to get in is expensive , then you have to sit with your back to the stage and with people that you don't even know . And then not only you have to order two drinks minimum but the drinks are really expensive.
I use to really like this place but I can't afford it any more.

Visited February 2012