All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmergated garagemarlins parkwinn dixiecruise portfree breakfastfree shuttleshuttle servicesitting areafridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againrestaurant downstairsuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed February 3, 2011

We stayed at Springhill Suites during the Sony Ericsson (tennis) Open on Key Biscayne. We were there for 12 nights. We got especially nice help at the front desk when we checked in; we received Fedex packages on two occasions; the bar and restaurant part were convenient in the evenings after a long day and just wanting to get to the hotel. Our room was quiet and out of the way. It was clean, and our daily maid service was good every day but one. I think we got skipped because we slept too late. Rooms are very convenient for "living." We never used the hotel's computers, but they are convenient and looked welcoming. The Internet in our room was terrific and made the stay easy. The secured garage is very nice, and the $13 daily charge for parking is less than half of what some hotels in Miami charge.

The location, as people have said, is not great because there isn't a restaurant in a shopping center next door... but, we were out and about all day. Most often, we enjoyed eating where we were. Also, a menu was left daily in the room... and we could have pizza delivered from an out of hotel pizza place. It was good pizza, and it was not overly expensive.

We are going to the Sony Ericsson again this year, arriving a few days early for shopping... and we will be staying at this Springhill Suites again... this time for 19 nights. That ought to let you know that nothing bad happened to us at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, I'll be sure to share them with our teams, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 1, 2011

My husband and I flew down to Miami for a business cruise, but came in a day early and stayed at the SpringHill Suites near the Miami Cruise port. The nice thing about this hotel is that they provide free transportation to the hotel from the airport. However, when we got there and checked in, we realized that there was nothing nearby. We had not eaten dinner yet, so we were starving and was looking forward to checking in to our hotel room and getting a bite to eat and a cocktail. Well, there was nothing around and the neighborhood obviously was not safe, because when we asked the person at the front desk if there was a restaurant nearby that we could possibly walk to, she said that she would not advise us to walk. So with that, no dinner for us:( Secondly once we got up into our room, we realized that we were in a handicap room. I think that it is really nice to have rooms to accommodate our handicap citizens, however, we are not handicap and the bathroom floor had drains all over, because the same floors that you were suppose to shower on was the same floor that you walk on. I was not pleased and asked for a room switch and the lady at the front desk advised me that there were no more rooms available with a king bed and that we would have to take a room with two doubles. Well we did not want that, so we decided to stay until I saw a roach and then another one....YIKES! By this time, I was totally grossed out, hungry and disgusted. Despite the fact that we did not want to sleep in separate beds, I was not about to sleep in a room with roaches, so we opted to get the room switched to a room with two double beds. Well after all of that and having to lug our luggage to another floor, I definitely needed at least a cocktail, so I went down to the front desk and asked for a cab to take us to the nearest convenient store so that we could at least get some snacks and a cold beer. Well, even though the shuttle services were closed by then, the lady at the front desk was nice enough to ask the driver to drive us to the nearest convenient store which was a gas station right up the rode. SO, we were able to get water, snacks, cold beer and advil :) to get us through the night. That was very nice of her:) We finally got to sleep and woke up early to check out the continental breakfast which was horrible, but a nice thing to have there, I guess. My overall experience was not so good and I will not be returning to this hotel if I ever have to come back to Miami, but at least the staff was accommodating to us.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we review all our guests comments and use them to always better our customer service and experience for the future

Thanks again!

Reviewed January 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in January 2011 for 2 nights. My daughter was playing in a volleyball tournament at the Miami convention center and this hotel was recommended by the tournament. We loved this hotel and despite some of the reviews I read regarding the neighborhood, I felt very safe. The hotel has a parking garage that is locked and requires a key entry. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I love the fact that the bathroom is separated from the sink area so that 2 people can have privacy using these facilities at the same time. We ate in the hotel both nights for dinner and my daughters loved the food. I enjoyed drinks at the bar and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that needs to be near the Health District/Convention Center/Port in MIami.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We stayed here for a couple of days on our way to and from Mexico. Friendly staff. Not a walkable neighbourhood, but close to pretty much everything if have a car.
Rooms are decent sized, clean, and washrooms as well (so rare these days).
Not a bad price (though we were through friends/family discount).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Thanks again!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

The hotel was accommodating with every request., they were very helpful with sites to see, restaurants to visit, and knowledge of the area. The hotel was beautifully decorated and appeared to be brand new. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. In fact we are planning to return for Valentine's weekend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple