New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #60 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“A gem on the inside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

On our way to a cruise, it is close to marine terminal. Neighborhood is run down. Called while waiting for our bags at MIA. A full shuttle (free) to the hotel passed at departure area. Driver waved next round. We waited 45 minutes then called again. They said take a Cab and they would reimburse the fare+tip. So we went back to arrivals on the 1st floor and got a cab. With tip it was $26. The cab couldn't pull into the front door, road was too narrow. Driver dropped us at the bottom of the ramp. Front desk staff was great. Repaid us in cash for the cab. They told us to get a receipt when I called. Checkin was normal Marriott speed. Got to our room and used the free internet then went down to the 1311 lobby restaurant. Limited menu, modest prices. My wife had the chicken quesadilla with chicken and said it was perfect. I had black bean soup and southwest salad. Soup was excellent. Diet coke, iced tea and the bill with tax and tip at ~ $38. Charge was $8 each to the marine terminal. Much less than cruise line transfers. If we cruise out of Miami again will definitely stay here again for the night before.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Okrent3209
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you - we have since increased our runs to the airport as well

Hurry Back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Saw the reviews prior to booking. We stayed 1 night prior to a cruise. I could have stayed a week. Best free breakfast ever. Most comfortable bed in over 30 years at hotels. Staff was great too. The area looks ruff, but I would and will stay again without hesitation. A must stay when in Miami.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank rhartzelljr
Thanks !!
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

First, the good. The staff at the front desk and the restaurant were very nice, and the hotel appears to be relatively new.

Next, the bad. The hotel is located in an area that appears to be inhabited by vagrants. Parking is $15/day. The carpet in my room was stained, the sofa was stained, many of the lights in the room did not work, and the whole place just doesn't feel clean.

Finally, the ugly. There was a fire alarm around 9:30 PM while I was trying to get some work done.

I would not recommend this hotel to business travelers, unless you just cannot find a room elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Black_Rock_City
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites. I will be sure to work with the housekeeping department. Thank you again!

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Burien, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

When our flight arrived in Miami late, American put us up at this hotel. The voucher said our hotel was Springhill Medical and American told us a shuttle would come. We called three times over a 90 minute wait for the shuttle. We did see the Marriott van come by a couple times and ran out but then the name seemed wrong for our voucher. When we called the hotel, no one answered with the Marriott name. The last call a nice gentleman told us to go ahead and get a taxi and they would reimburse.

When we called and when we arrived at the hotel, it was obvious they were understaffed. Directions to find the elevator were poor, but we finally found our room which was very nice. American had given us vouchers for food, so we came down to the restaurant. The restaurant was very understaffed both times we ate there for dinner and lunch the next day. It took a long time for the food (just sandwisches, pizza, and salad) to arrive and service was bare minimal.

The breakfast which is included was quite good. Lots of choices and plenty of self-service food.

When I asked for a manager before leaving, I was told she was in a meeting. So, I told the clerk at the desk about our problem with American having a name on the vouchers which did not jive with the hotel name. I suggested they contact American and make sure the name Marriot was included on the vouchers. He told me that I should be the one to tell American. Seems to me that this is a problem they would want to correct.

The hotel caters to a lot of cruise people. I heard one woman say she had waited 90 minutes for the shuttle.

When I called the hotel, they said the shuttle runs only every hour, so be prepared to wait.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Angeles
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the Springhill Suites Marriott. I will address your comments with the team. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I love the beds here. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. I had a problem with the air conditioner but the hotel maintenance came immediately and replaced the main control board. Very quick service. The restaurant staff was quite slow at night but they didn't let me starve! I stay here regular because it's close to the UM and a comfortable stay! The surrounding area looks a little iffy.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Jparks1
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thanks
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My family and I absolutely love staying here. We travel from the Bahamas to take our son to doctors at Bascom Palmer and the 1st time we arrived the staff was very friendly. From the shuttle driver, the front desk staff and even the cleaners. Man o man it was jus nice to know that we were minutes away from the hospital. They have shuttles to take you to and from but sometimes we just walk. Its also minutes away from the train station which was a good exploring experience to nearby areas. Overall, we enjoy staying here and whenever we have appts at JMH, we are certain of where we're staying. Employee of the year should go to the tall guy with the salt and pepper hair. I wish I knew his name but he is just the kindest.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ProudBahamaMom
Thank you - we too think a lot of Ron and I'll let him know

Call on us anytime. we're always at your service
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because American Airlines put me up for screwing up my flight. I was really impressed with the room. Spacious with comfortable beds. I think the shuttle only runs once an hour and that's not enough. The menu is very limited and the food is OK. My bar tender didn't show much interest in serving anyone. When I asked for lemon with my tea he said he didn't have any and gave me a slice of lime. Then I saw the guy waiting the floor get a lemon out and slice it up for another patron. If you have business at the hospital complex it would be a nice place to sleep. It does offer a lot of amenities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Janice K
Thank you for your feedback , we have sinced increased our airport runs to every 30 minutes.