SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$199
InterContinental Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$239
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$95
$129
$109
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmermarlins parkwinn dixiemarlins gamefree breakfastfree shuttlecruise portsitting areaparking garagefridge and microwaverestaurant downstairssmall poolyogurtuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We booked for only one night before a cruise. The shuttle service offered from the airport was disappointing--they only had pick up service once an hour until 11:00, when the service stops for the night. The hotel driveway is very narrow and only one vehicle can park at a time. It is in an area where there was nothing else commercial--we didn't see any drug stores or restaurants within walking distance, and I was not sure I wanted to walk in the area at night anyway, as it was not very well lit. The lobby was a bit crowded and there did not seem to be enough staff at the front desk. The lobby was noisy but once we got to our rooms they were quiet. (One room did have to be switched, however, because there was a strong odor from cigarette smoke in the room.) A guest across the hall from us requested linens for the hideaway bed-they had to make up the bed themselves and they were given no extra pillows for the hideaway. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The breakfast they offered was typical for Springhill Suites. If you stay here before a cruise be sure to sign up for the shuttle to the port the night before you are going to your ship or you will not be able to use the service,as it will be booked until late in the day. ($8 per person) If you have three or more people it is no costlier to take a cab ($24), and you can leave whenever you want. When I asked about getting a cab to the port the front desk person gave me a paper with 3 cab companies and their numbers listed and told me to call myself to arrange a pick up. I would say the rooms are fine, but the location and the service are not up to the standards of other Spring HIll Suites where I have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, please enusre, as noted at check-in that you set up your trip to the port upon check-in. With cabs in the downtown market, depending on the amount of luggage you are taking on-board it's always best to call them yourselves to ensure you get a van or car depening on your needs as they'll ask these questions when contacted. If you'd like us to call for you let us know and we'll gladly do that while you're present at the desk.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to see you back soon

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Good, modern design both in terms of the lobby and the guest rooms. The room was terrific--spacious and well laid-out. Has a restaurant, which is unusual for a Springhill, which was convenient, as the neighborhood is not very good, and the only places within walking distance (we were told) are fast food restaurants. Food was decent, but the dinner service was indifferent at best. Lunch service the next day was excellent.

Breakfast was fine but I saw no sign of fresh fruit, which I view as essential.

Shuttle should be avoided at all costs. I wasn't in a rush, but can report that the van came well over 1/2 hour late, despite the front desk's numerous assurances that it was just a few minutes away.

Front desk staff service focus was up and down and certainly not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, as you know with Marriott we pride ourselves not only with our product but our service as well. I'll share your comments with our teams and be sure to recognize any opportunities and correct as needed. All though we are only a short distance to the airport, there's time when traffic can put us behind, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is great. Very clean, staff friendly, rooms are comfortable. The only problem is location. Appears to be next to a residential area that looks provish. Was told if i parked in the garage, they could not garauntee my safety.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your feedback, the area around the hotel is safe, we offer overnight securtiy and our parking is gated and connected to the hotel. Parking on the street is not recommended as in any downtown hotel, it's always better to park in our private covered, secured parking area.

We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for an overnight layover. The reason for chosing this hotel and paying a little more - the hotel offers a free airport shuttle. It is not the greatest. You have to call for the pick-up and then they tell you that even after calling shuttle picks up on the hour (huh?!?!?). Coincidentally, I called just a few minutes after the hour so....yeah. We arrived at the hotel and the front desk staff was not particularly welcoming but certainly efficient and professional. The room had the standard Springhill layout but seemed dated. Breakfast next morning was....ehhh. No meat, rotten fruit, dining area not clean. I stay at Springhill often but I guess you win some and you lose some....We take this trip every year and in the past have stayed overnight at the Doubletree downtown. We will stick to what we know going forward.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback, we pride ourselves in our rooms and hotel as it is a new build ony 3 years old and typically get great reviews on our custom package. We do offer a full american breakfast buffet that always has eggs, meat, cheeses, yougurts, fruit, brekfast breads and more as we recently re-vamped our buffet. I'll sure to share your comments with our team.

I do appologise for your findings and hope that you give us one more try as our shuttle service and breakfast along with free internet service is all a great value while visiting the downtown or medical district areas

Reviewed December 19, 2013

in a residential and business area, must have CAR. Free airport shuttle very difficult to stop at night! The driver of the little white van was racing in the fast lane and past me prior to me being able to hale. you can NOT see the writing on the van since they blind you with their lights at first. When you see the writing on the side of the van it's too late and you wait up to one extra hour!!!
I arrived after 9 p.m. and waited until 11 p.m. what a mess. all the other larger Marriott vans had signs on top and I stopped the several times to ask "where is my van!" No phone or other communications available! I took a cap for $22. Recommendations, set up specific Van stop signs and have the VANS STOP and not speed home. otherwise nice hotel little freeway noise with closed windows (can't open window 4th floor). Decent breakfast. But not an airport hotel (I only got 6 hours sleep - AA overnight flight from Costa Rica) Recommended if you have a car. MeuterMedia

Room Tip: get a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback, I'll certainly share them with our teams, and as far as the vans go I'll be sure to have the van drivers always stop regardless if there's guest there or not

We look forward to your return