“Great place for family with decent price”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #69 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great place for family with decent price”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Very nice place with great rooms and wonderful breakfast. Price is very decent compare to high prices in Miami. If required, you can cancel reservation on the same day.
Close to a shopping center
Service desk was very helpful.We got a running path map around the lakes near the hotel and it was very nice.

Room Tip: We slept all the family (3 kids) in one room and it was very comfortable. Ask for a room with lake...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay in Miami. I believe you may have stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport South given the lakes and path you described. Your comments are appearing on the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East page. At any rate, I appreciate you choosing Marriott Hotels and delighted you enjoyed your time in Miami.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked 7 rooms here the night before a cruise. Upon arrival we needed to wait over an hour because not one of the rooms had been ready yet. As a result of that, we were offered the fares to the pier the following day to be complimentary.... I just got home from my cruise to find out that not only was my room charged 29 people at $5.00 per person but everyone in my party was individually charged as well for a service that should have been free. In addition to that, the shuttle can only accomodate 10 people so we sent 10 people in the shuttle and the rest of us scrambled for cabs. This was not the worst part of my experience though. I stepped out of my room for 20 mins, during this time my fiance's sister arrived and told the front desk to just let her in my room because I was expecting her. Only MY name was on the room, her and I do not have the same last name either. Without questioning her further, they just handed out a room key to her so when I returned to my room, I opened it up to her and her husband in there waiting for me to return. I AM FLOORED at how this can happen. So beware if you book a room at this hotel, evidently they give your room key out to anyone who claims to know you. When I confronted the front desk manager, all he said was that it normally doesn't happen like that and proceeded to make excuses for his staff. Book a room at this hotel and you risk your privacy and safety... period.

1 Thank JenniFUR82
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry your stay was not up to the standards you would expect at a Marriott hotel. I am very concerned about your comments regarding guest room access as we do have strict protocols in place for allowing and denying access to guest rooms. If you would please contact me at the hotel I would appreciate the opporutnity to speak with you and perhaps clear up the billing issue with the shuttles. I can be reached at 305-575-5302.

Best Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here NYE 2012 before attending the PItbull concert at AAA. Upon arrival, we took note of the neighborhood and decided that walking anywhere at night might not be our best option. They do have a shuttle, however it was PACKED so we had the front desk call a cab, and they were very accomodating. The hotel is a little out of the way, but considering our other available options, we decided on this one. The room was very nice, and the bed was very comfortable. I would stay again if I needed to be at the medical center because of the close proximity, otherwise, the price would have to be appealing if I were planning to be in the Miami Beach area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsSK007
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and thank you for staying with us. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Best Regards
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you need be at the U Miami medical cebnter campus this is a good place to stay. The rooms are clean large with a nice flat screen TV.
THe hotel runs a free shuttle to the medical campus as well as to the airport .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew W
Thank you for choosing to stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for providing your feedback on your experience. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback regarding the service you recieved in our restaurant. I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the future.

Saint Joseph, Illinois
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We spent the night prior to leaving on a cruise. This was a convenient place to stay and very good for the value. The room was clean and staff were nice. Our shuttle driver to the Miami port was especially nice. He was very kind and informative, providing us with Miami history as we drove through the town to the port. The only poor experience was the dining area for dinner. There was only one person working. She was both waitress and bartender. It was fairly busy and was too much for her. It took forever to get our food, I asked for ketchup and never received it. I feel they were not adequately staffed. The continental breakfast was very good and they were better staffed. I would stay here again for an overnight stay, but would plan to have dinner elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're happy you enjoyed your stay, we will however be discussing your concerns with our teams to ensure evryone has a perfect stay.

Our Personal Best!
pittsburgh
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a night at this hotel prior to a cruise. I recommend this hotel primarity due to it's cleanliness, room size (value for the $$$) and friendly, efficient staff. The van service from the airport was a bit slow but the van was clean and the driver safe and accommodation. We also found a fun greek tavern & restaurant a couple blocks from the hotel (University Campus).

2 Thank crawfishPittsburgh
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback on your experience at this hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the airport shuttle delay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Lincolnshire, IL
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This Springhill Suites is in a great location near the airport, medical center and highways, but it is tricky to get to. Be sure to use a gps, mapquest, etc to get specific directions.

This is a good place to stay if you need the medical center or are traveling around. Not a good spot for vacationers. No restaurants or shopping in walking distance.

The room is very adequate - nothing special. Clean. Minimally decorated. Has what you need, no extras.

Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was good.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you as our guest on your return trip.