All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmergated garagemarlins parkwinn dixiecruise portfree breakfastfree shuttleshuttle servicesitting areafridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againrestaurant downstairsuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Arrived afternoon day before cruise. Room was large and separate area for tub/shower and the camode. They were thoughtful enough to have sink,towles and soap in each room. Walk-in closet large enough for weeks worth of clothes

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank dchinski
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I already had made my reservation at SpringHill Suites when I started to look up the reviews of the hotel. Some of the reviews were horror stories, but as I only had to stay for one nite, I desided to stick to my reservation,
Arriving at Miami Airport I called the hotel to get the shuttle. I had to wait for 30 min. which I thought was a bad start of my stay....maybe the reviews were right after all ??? Then, the shuttle driver was really kind and arriving at SprinHill Suites, the receptionist apologized for the delay. My check in at the hotel was fast and efficient and everything was explained to me ( restaurant location, breakfast location and hours ect.). My suite was well equiped and clean, and yes, there were some pizza ads under the door, but it wasn´t a big deal to pick them up and throw them in the rubbish bin. The bed was very comfy and spotless. My room was facing the main road, but no noise from the road was heard in the room ( unless I pressed my ear to the window. The bath room was clean and hed everything you need. The (free) breakfast was good - something for every taste and plenty of everything. The internet connection was fast ,which was a plus as I had quite a lot of work to finish during my stay. The internet in the reception was perfect as well and I could print out what I needed there.
Check out was as easy as the check in and the shuttle to the airport left exactly at the announced hour.
I have used different kinds of Marriott hotels during the years and SpringHill Suites is Marriott standard in the price range. You can´t compare it to Ritz Carlton neither by quality nor by price

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank sol653
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for providing your feedback. My apologies for the delay on the shuttle; I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed one night at this property for business in central Miami on a promotional $118/night AAA rate. The hotel is nicely apportioned, attentive front desk staff, clean lobby area. Parking is marginal for check-in, one narrow semi-circular drive leads to the front desk area off a busy street, the street itself is marked "no parking", it would be very easy to get blocked up in the single-car drive. The property has a parking garage on-site, room key access opens the gate. Spaces are somewhat tight and it's somewhat difficult to navigate in and out of spaces due to the large amount of over-sized vehicles parking in the small-ish spaces. One elevator for the parking garage led to the main lobby, you caught another elevator to the guest floors.

Room was clean and nicely decorated, I had a two bed Queen studio room. Clean internal hallways. The Paul Mitchell amentities advertised by the hotel are small hotel-sized bottles, not the larger bottles pictured on the website. Good hot water and plenty of flow. Bedding consisted of memory-foam beds that had some body impression but adjusted after a little while, hotel gives you a choice of pillows between feather and foam (the foam pillow was fine). No problems with express check-out. Lot of taxes/fees, example is the $15.00/day fee for parking with $3.10 tax added on. A $118 bill ended up being $153 with all the added taxes & fees. Personally I would not walk outside the property after hours unless I had to, but Miami PD seems to keep an eye on the hotel. I ran into two officers enjoying the complementary breakfast this morning.

Breakfast buffet, in my opinion, was marginal. There were things missing such as pastries which you can get on Choice or Hilton stays that were missing from the Springhill menu. There were three hot dishes, scrambled eggs, pork sausage patties, and scrambled eggs. A third (different) hot dish of some kind would have been nice, and which you can get normally at many upscale hotels. No apple juice, just orange and cranberry out of the juice machine. The buffet was only semi-well maintenanced, the cold water was out the entire time I was eating. Cleanliness was medium, not outstanding.

All in all this was a good stay, with some exceptions as outlined above. This property was very convienent to the location I needed to go, so location rather then pricepoint dictated my hotel selection this time. I'd stay at this property again if I had to come back to this part of Miami, although my wallet is still wincing a little bit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank elc32955

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Your review mentioned our breakfast buffet. I wanted to let you know that I am happy to say that due to customer feedback, the SpringHill Suites brand will be making changes to our breakfast menu currently scheduled to begin in the Spring of 2013. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am a Marriott VIP. We stay at Marriott hotels almost exclusively so this review is upsetting to me to have to write. This was the worst stay ever. The room was not clean. Please see pictures attached. We received a coupon as a welcome gift that was for BOGO entrees. We ordered apps instead and were told that they would call after they were done. After 20 minutes, we went to get them and they told us that the apps would be done in 45 minutes. It was getting late but we accepted this and went on with our evening. We had dinner from pizza delivery before the apps were delivered to us within the hotel. Once we were ready for bed, we pulled out the extra blanket from the closet and unfolded it to find something akin to a blood stain on it. We called down for another blanket and again, were told that there would be a wait. It was bed time. We went down to find a manager and resolve the situation. We received a clean blanket and an hour later, one was delivered to our door as well. After getting a new blanket, we received an email notice on our phone alerting us to a charge on our bank account. Apparently, Marriott not only charged the card that we gave them at check in but also their account of record. After several tries with the night attendant and the morning manager, this was resolved. It was all a bit much before a cruise. I will never stay there again and may not stay with Marriott if VIPS are treated this way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wrldtravelorAtlanta

We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice, unassuming little hotel. The staff was very friendly ad helpful especially Ronald who works at the front desk. The decor of the rooms were very retro-modern and i loved it. SpringHill suites is very good if visiting persons at the hospital or if laying over before a flight or eve a cruise. We stayed there the night before our cruise. The hotel has a shuttle to pick you up from the airport and they have shuttles to almost everywhere including Bayside. They also have a shuttle to the Cruise Port which cost as little as $10. There is a complimentary breakfast which is also good in the morns. Complimentary tea and coffee is also available in the lobby. The hotel also has a restaurant and a Starbucks right in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacaye

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.