All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmergated garagemarlins parkwinn dixiecruise portfree breakfastfree shuttleshuttle servicesitting areafridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againrestaurant downstairsuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I am a Marriott VIP. We stay at Marriott hotels almost exclusively so this review is upsetting to me to have to write. This was the worst stay ever. The room was not clean. Please see pictures attached. We received a coupon as a welcome gift that was for BOGO entrees. We ordered apps instead and were told that they would call after they were done. After 20 minutes, we went to get them and they told us that the apps would be done in 45 minutes. It was getting late but we accepted this and went on with our evening. We had dinner from pizza delivery before the apps were delivered to us within the hotel. Once we were ready for bed, we pulled out the extra blanket from the closet and unfolded it to find something akin to a blood stain on it. We called down for another blanket and again, were told that there would be a wait. It was bed time. We went down to find a manager and resolve the situation. We received a clean blanket and an hour later, one was delivered to our door as well. After getting a new blanket, we received an email notice on our phone alerting us to a charge on our bank account. Apparently, Marriott not only charged the card that we gave them at check in but also their account of record. After several tries with the night attendant and the morning manager, this was resolved. It was all a bit much before a cruise. I will never stay there again and may not stay with Marriott if VIPS are treated this way.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank wrldtravelorAtlanta
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a nice, unassuming little hotel. The staff was very friendly ad helpful especially Ronald who works at the front desk. The decor of the rooms were very retro-modern and i loved it. SpringHill suites is very good if visiting persons at the hospital or if laying over before a flight or eve a cruise. We stayed there the night before our cruise. The hotel has a shuttle to pick you up from the airport and they have shuttles to almost everywhere including Bayside. They also have a shuttle to the Cruise Port which cost as little as $10. There is a complimentary breakfast which is also good in the morns. Complimentary tea and coffee is also available in the lobby. The hotel also has a restaurant and a Starbucks right in the lobby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone at anytime.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vacaye
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this property on several occassions, it is conveniently located near Jackson Memorial where I am receiving treatment. The front desk staff could not be more welcoming, they greet me with a smile and a warm hello which makes me feel welcome. The shuttles to the hospital and surrounding facilities are a great asset, the drivers are terrific. Luis is a gem, he is very sociable and caring, he remembers me from past stays. The area is not the greatest but I am comfortable walking around during the day. I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I like the rooms with the walk in shower.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center. I also want to thank you for your loyalty as a repeat guest and for the kind words you shared about our staff members and I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I took a carnival cruise to St. Thomas. When you get off the ship you are right in front of the mountain that has Paradise Point on top. I actually didn't see the tramway and decided to hike all the way up the mountain because I saw the ferris wheel. If I had taken the tramway I would have been mad. It wasn't worth it. All that's up there is a bar and some shopping. The view is beautiful but if I had to pay for the ride up plus all the drinks and food it wouldn't be worth all that. The bartender was very nice though.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Enjoyed this hotel for a brief stay before hitting a cruise. The shuttle at $5/ea was a nice benefit. The lounge was taxed the night we stayed and the poor girl running the show had a horrible time keeping up. Breakfast is a bit of a madhouse, but very reasonable considering the price (Free)
The room was very comfortable and the staff tried very hard to make it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank berni39
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for making me aware of staffing challenges we had in our restaurant during the evening hours. My apologies for any delay in service. We typically staff our restaurant based on our projected occupancy. Thank you again for taking the time to write and for staying with us.