All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmergated garagemarlins parkwinn dixiecruise portfree breakfastfree shuttleshuttle servicesitting areafridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againrestaurant downstairsuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I took a carnival cruise to St. Thomas. When you get off the ship you are right in front of the mountain that has Paradise Point on top. I actually didn't see the tramway and decided to hike all the way up the mountain because I saw the ferris wheel. If I had taken the tramway I would have been mad. It wasn't worth it. All that's up there is a bar and some shopping. The view is beautiful but if I had to pay for the ride up plus all the drinks and food it wouldn't be worth all that. The bartender was very nice though.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Enjoyed this hotel for a brief stay before hitting a cruise. The shuttle at $5/ea was a nice benefit. The lounge was taxed the night we stayed and the poor girl running the show had a horrible time keeping up. Breakfast is a bit of a madhouse, but very reasonable considering the price (Free)
The room was very comfortable and the staff tried very hard to make it an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank berni39
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at The SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center and for making me aware of staffing challenges we had in our restaurant during the evening hours. My apologies for any delay in service. We typically staff our restaurant based on our projected occupancy. Thank you again for taking the time to write and for staying with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here as a lay over for a cruise. The hotel was clean and updated. The staff was very helpful and accommodating.
They offer an airport shuttle, however, you can't call ahead with the flight time and we waited close to 20 minutes for the van to arrive. They offer rides to the local mall and cruise ships for $5 per person which is very reasonable.
The area is inner city and I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking around at night but was fun to explore during the day. The medical center is very close so many people are there for hospital visits and many students are at the hotel. There are a number of places to eat in the area and the hotel offers a dinner. I didn't try it.
The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The toilet is in a separate room which is very nice, however, there is no place to hand towels in either bath area. Our particular room had a shower that leaked all over the floor.
Breakfast was usual with eggs, waffles, cereal, pastries. It was pretty crowded and I had to bus a table to find a seat.
Overall, I felt like this was a great value for the price and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank s0krm0m

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I should have known that this hotel would be trouble when the taxi pulled up to the front door and there was an unsightly mob smoking cigarettes in front of the entrance. The clerk at the desk was nice and the food in the restaurant was better than expected. The room was surprisingly nice. Unfortunately I was woke up at 1 am by the burning stench of cigarette smoke from another guest, probably in the room below me. I have lived in NYC and can tolerate anything but the stench of smoke was so bad that my eyes were tearing and my lungs were burning.

I called the front desk to see if there was another room available and received absolutely no help. A security guard came up and determined that the source of the fumes was probably from the room below mine.

Finally, at 3 am I was told that there were no other rooms available and left for another hotel, much more expensive and further away from the medical center,where I had an important meeting the next day.

In summary, the hotel is Ghetto with a capital G. There is a reason the rooms are so cheap.

Avoid Avoid Avoid!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike M

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. I am very sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. All Marriott brand hotels in North America have adopted a smoke free environment within the building and charges a $250 fee for smoking inside a guest room, notification of the fee is posted inside our guest rooms. I am very sorry this occurred and we were not able to relocate you to another room as you requested.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

location perfect for Jackson hospital, and $11 taxi to downtown, $22 to miami beach. No scenery or infrastructure here though, its bordered by highway and hospital. Nice big rooms, albeit functional rather than super nice. staff friendly, and breakfast free and fine quality : but very limited choice. there's a restaurant for the evening too: much needed as there's not much in the area. Overall fine for the price.

MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,