All reviewsjackson memorial hospitalmedical centersbascom palmergated garagemarlins parkwinn dixiecruise portfree breakfastfree shuttleshuttle servicesitting areafridge and microwaveyogurtwould stay here againrestaurant downstairsuber ridehot breakfast
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Clean and big suits with fridge and microwave, comfortable beds. I read some reviews complains about breakfast, decor, rooms, parking, view etc. if u have someone in VA or Jackson hospitals its good place to be at but if u looking for a relaxin' vacation its not a place for u! Just book another hotel with a sunset view on south beach with fancy decor, pay for your breakfast and even more higher parking!! Enjoy your stay!!

MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback on our location and services. As you mentioned in your review; this hotel is one of the closest hotels to the Miami Medical Center - University of Miami Hospital, Jackson and VA and was built to service the needs of the medical center, airport, and the port of Miami. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was very happy to find out this hotel had a shuttle from the airport, I really wasn't expecting it. When we arrived, however, I was in disbelief at the area this Marriott is in! There's no other word for it but ghetto. The streets around are trashed, homeless wandering around, and only one horrible restaurant we could find in walking distance. There is a WinnDixie about 3/4 mile away which is the route we chose because I wouldn't walk alone outside after dark. The room itself was nice, there was a weird smell in the bathroom when we arrived, but it went away. The view was excellent from our sixth floor room of the downtown Miami area, but when you look down in the immediate area it's quite disappointing. Breakfast was quite chaotic, trash left all over the counters because the disposal couldn't be found, coffee was constantly out and very slow to be replenished, it just wasn't good. It seems like no one was there to anticipate something needing to be replaced. I wouldn't stay here again, but if you are in town for the hospitals or Marlins game it wouldn't be so bad.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the downtown area but not too close to the highway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for providing your feedback on your stay at our hotel. The SpringHill Suites is located in an area that serves the hospital district, downtown, airport and the Port of Miami and Wynwood Art District. I am glad you enjoyed your room accomodations. I have shared your comments with our breakfast staff and thank you for providing us this information.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you have loved ones or business at Jackson Memorial this is the closest best place to stay. But it's frequently the most expensive. If you need to keep coming back and keep expenses down check the airport or the Doral section where hotels are sometimes better priced and the parking is free.

The good: rooms and public areas are always clean. The gym is well equipped. There is a bar! Free breakfast. Microwaves and fridges in all the rooms. DIY laundry. The staff are friendly.

The bad: $18 for parking -- if you are going to the medical center and won't be driving leave your car in any of the towers and walk. It's $8 a day there but no in/out privileges. The breakfast is always the same. They seem to always run out of coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Was an hour waiting on the airport shuttle! Was informed by staff that they Do not provide shuttle service in a 3 mile radius as posted on the website I booked through( staff blamed website), Wound up paying for roundtrip cab fair to meet family for dinner. Booked our shuttle to cruise the next morning, received call from rude staff asking me to change times, advised this was the time we needed, asked to speak to a manager and was advised no manager on duty on Sunday nights. Not the best neighborhood and not worth the hassle!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Blonditn1

Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry you did not recieve the level of service during your stay that you would expect from a Marriott hotel. When we spoke at the hotel, I could certainly understand your frustration and hope I was able to accomodate to your expectations given the circumstances. Once again, my sincere apologies. Your comments as you had communicated to me have been shared with our associates.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Springhill Suites in Miami was an excellent hotel. I had no complaints regarding any issue while staying there. The rooms were excellent - VERY modern and interesting, with interestingly shaped tables, large bathrooms, a microwave and mini-fridges, a large HD TV and free Internet - a must! Parking was "only" $15 - a lower price than most inner-city hotels - and the breakfast was excellent - plenty of room, and a good menu for a complimentary start of your day. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel is relatively safe, but guests are advised not to "wander too far off the beaten path." Fortunately, guests at the hotel to use the medical service buildings surrounding the hotel should have NO problems - that section of town seems quite safe and well protected. Overall, staying here was a pleasure, and it's not too far from the beach, but you still escape the chaos of South Beach. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations and services provided. We look forward to your return visit.