“Very Nice Hotel for a room near Miami's Medical Centers”

SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Ranked #67 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Nice Hotel for a room near Miami's Medical Centers”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Springhill Suites in Miami was an excellent hotel. I had no complaints regarding any issue while staying there. The rooms were excellent - VERY modern and interesting, with interestingly shaped tables, large bathrooms, a microwave and mini-fridges, a large HD TV and free Internet - a must! Parking was "only" $15 - a lower price than most inner-city hotels - and the breakfast was excellent - plenty of room, and a good menu for a complimentary start of your day. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel is relatively safe, but guests are advised not to "wander too far off the beaten path." Fortunately, guests at the hotel to use the medical service buildings surrounding the hotel should have NO problems - that section of town seems quite safe and well protected. Overall, staying here was a pleasure, and it's not too far from the beach, but you still escape the chaos of South Beach. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the accomodations and services provided. We look forward to your return visit.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was greeted warmly that's the only good thing about this hotel. Stayed only one nite with my daughter to catch a plane back home. When it was cash + points and was made to pay $100 as security. The $100 was refunded to me upon departure . I was dumbfound on return home when checked my account they had gone in to withdraw over a hundred and ten dollars had been taken from my debit card acct which i didnot use in booking this hotel, when I called the lady who answered said I stayed 2 nights I told her that was ot true as I residence inn Orlando on the 2nd of sept and left for my country 3rd of sept and that I only spent of sep 2nd in this hotel that she could verify before she back down . She said their hotel does not allow cash + points , no hotel accepted the booking on line I don't understand.
I learnt one lesson though is that I check my bills well and never to book this hotel ( Spring Hill suites by Marriott airport medical center.

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Our hotels location serves the needs of persons visiting the hospital district, downtown, Marlins Stadium, the airport and Port of Miami. I would ask that you contact me at the hotel to better understand the circumstances around the billing issue so I may access your folio of hotel charges and perhaps clarify the billing portion of the bill. I am sorry you were not satsified with your stay. I can be reached at 305-575-5300.

David Huntzinger

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

St. Thomas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was put up in this hotel when I received a hotel voucher from my Airline. The area was a little "rough" and a few of the people coming and going that night were a "little questionable" however once in my room I felt safe. I was very surprised how nice (and clean) the room was, very nice decor! I would definitely stay here for business...maybe not pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical center. Our hotels location was selected to serve the needs of those persons visiting the UM/JMH Medical Centers, Marlins Stadium, downtown Miami, the airport and Port of Miami. I am pleased to hear you were happy with your room accomodations. Thank you for staying with us.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 7, 2012

To Whom it May Concern,

I want to send my sincerest gratitude to your staff and hotel. I recently was stuck in Miami because of hurricane Issac. When I arrived at two in the morning, I was greeted by the warmest, sweetest person at the desk.She quickly got us settled and could not have been more accomodating. . Our room was spacious and clean. Every single hotel employee met us with smiles and friendly conversations. The desk staff were beyond helpful, patient and amazing. I stay in hotels all the time and I have never felt so comfortable. The staff knew we were waiting for our cruise to leave and the went out of there way to make us feel comfortable. The front desk even gave us updates from the cruise line. We were even allowed to saty in our rooms an extra hour. When we were waiting in the lobby one of your staff members kept everyone happy. his name was louis. He was so great to us.
Thanks for a clean affordable place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
MIAHD, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your comments about your experience. I will be certain to pass along your comments to our staff.

Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Unless you fancy the idea of needing medical attention during your next hotel stay then it would be very wise to avoid making a reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East. In fact, as there are numerous other hotels in the area I can sincerely state, without a doubt, my overall regret of reserving a room at this location.

The rooms in this hotel are not properly maintained and unfortunately I have an injury as proof of the aforementioned. During the early morning hour, while going to the restroom, I stepped on an improperly installed tack strip that was hidden by the carpeting. As a result I received several puncture marks to the heel of my right foot which caused immediate pain, bleeding, swelling and redness.

My one night stay at the aforementioned hotel was intended to situate me closer to the Port of Miami as I was scheduled for a cruise vacation the following day. Little did I know that my decision to book a room at this mediocre establishment would entail a visit to a nearby medical facility for a tetanus vaccine, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment during my cruise vacation, loss of a good nights sleep and absolutely no offer to enjoy a hot breakfast which was indeed included with my reservation.

To add insult to injury, instead of being offered a hot meal after spending the better part of my morning in pain, speaking with hotel management, writing a narrative for the incident report to be filed with Marriott's Claims Department and being treated at a medical facility I was not afforded the opportunity to start my day with a hot breakfast. Additionally, for some unbeknownst reason the dining room staff refused to allow someone traveling with me to prepare and guard, on my behalf, a plate from the breakfast buffet until my return from seeking medical treatment. Please note, that although this location boasts a small dining room equipped to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as 24 hour room service I was only offered upon my return from seeking medical treatment, as my first meal of the day, a pack of peanuts, a cookie, a bottled drink and a Hot Pocket like sandwich that I was informed was to be prepared in my room.

Needless to say, due to the aforementioned negligence of this hotel to maintain the premises in a safe and appropriate manner I spent nearly my entire cruise vacation looking for somewhere to sit down due to the pain and swelling in my foot. The cherry on the cake was the response of Marriott's Claim Department offering a mere $200.00 written settlement for my injury, pain and suffering, and the loss of enjoyment for my cruise vacation which cost me nearly $2000.00.

Therefore, if you don't mind being injured unnecessarily, receiving unplanned immunizations and/or having your vacation plans ruined make your next reservation with the Spring Hill Suites (Marriott) Miami Airport East and dollars to doughnuts you'll experience problems that you had never imagined possible.

1 Thank Droc W
Thomas L, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East/Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we take all our guest comments and always look for ways to improve.
We hope to see you back soon
Williamswood
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here witih my two daughters on a stop over on our way home from Bonaire. Airport shuttle, nice breakfast, beautifully appointed rooms, and fantastic staff. We were trying to pring off boarding passes and the computer in the lobby was not working properly and the woman behind the front desk printed them for us.

The shuttle does not leave too often, but had we been that particular, we could have taken a cab. We did take the shuttle to Westbay,and we had a lovely evening. That was at the front desk person's recommendation, and we are glad we did it. We had no other plans for the evening.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response and for staying at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center. I was deligheted to hear about your experience at our hotel and hope you and your daughters enjoyed your time in Miami. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you again for staying with us.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I must say I found it impressive that I found a recently budgeted hotel in the Miami area, with clean sheets and no roaches in the room. The breakfast at the hotel is good considering it is free. The Shuttle bus is convenient especially for areas nearby, but the shuttle doesn't come very often and the pickup,drop off times are a bit sporadic.

I was still disappointed in the decor of this hotel, the uninviting feeling it gives, and the temperature of the room. I put the ac down to 68 at night and it still felt like it was 78 even though I heard the AC running right next to me. The room is very small and I agree with some other reviewers about the privacy of the bathroom; there is none. I didn't have a good sleep in the one night we stayed there because in order to charge our phones, we had to keep a light on so that the power connecting to the outlets could run. bed were comfy, but the room was warm as I mentioned before, and, my husband and I were rudely awakened by the alarm clock next to the bed which was either purposely or rudely set by a previous guest (or maid) for 3:30 a.m. We both woke up in a daze and in the dark scrambling to turn it off. I suggest house cleaning reset these every time they clean a room thanks.

The breakfast area was crowded and my family and I could barely even find a place to sit and the line to make a waffle was extremely long. I didn't appreciate the attitude of the girl who checked me in, especially when I asked her if the parking fee was waived for those visiting any of the hospitals nearby, e.g. Jackson Memorial Hospital. Since I had read more than one review on here stating there was a discount, not only on parking, but on the rooms as well, I decided to ask. She scoffed at me sarcastically and said she "had never heard of that at all and that I would have to pay for parking".

The shower in the rooms had a weak stream to it and the water never seemed to get very hot. The area surrounding the hotel is the second worst in Miami (Overtown) and only a few blocks away from the worst (Liberty City). I noticed a lot of people visiting the medical center, hospital, cruise goers, and tourists. Not a lot of people there on business. I myself was in town with the husband, parents, and sister with her kids to visit a sick family member staying at Jackson Hospital. I asked to get a room close to my family, and although my parents and my sister got two room across from each other, we were placed 8 rooms down, even though I only checked in about 45 minutes before them. I guess we were at least on the same floor.

Overall the $104.00 I paid for the room was as well spent as I can expect in this economy and with the new standard of customer service that exists today. I am afraid to know what other hotels are like. If I stay here again it will only be because I can't find anything better for the price.

1 Thank marialuisabaltodano
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport East Medical Center. I am sorry you were disappointed in your stay. I will be sharing your feedback with our staff addressing your concerns on the level of service you received. Our engineering team has checked on our water temperature and pressure and made necessary adjustments and I thank you for bringing this to our attention and thank you again for staying with us.