All reviews jackson memorial hospital medical centers bascom palmer gated garage marlins park winn dixie cruise port free breakfast free shuttle shuttle service sitting area fridge and microwave yogurt would stay here again restaurant downstairs uber ride hot breakfast
Reviewed November 18, 2011

My uncle has been in jackson memorial hospital for six months and my aunt needs to be near him. Marriott ha become her home and I'm forever grateful for the wasy the staff has treated her since most of our family is in nyc. I was there last weekend for the second time and once again you guys are great

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jewels68_11
Thomas L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, I'll be sure to share them with our teams, and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I can not say enough nice things about this hotel. I do a lot of research on hotels before I decide on a place to stay. I had initially chosen another hotel for our pre/post cruise stay, but saw this one on tripadvisor and decided to make a last minute change. I am so glad I did! The hotel is so clean, and when I say clean, I mean clean. Upon entering hotel rooms, yes I am a freak, I look under mattresses/pictures for evidence of bed bugs, corners of showers for mold, and for cockroaches. All I found was a tiny bit of mold in the shower which is to be expected.
The mattress was so comfortable, I think I slept better at this hotel than I do at my own home, I only wish I would have remembered what brand it was.
The breakfast was complimentary and it was excellent. They had a variety of foods to choose from.
The shuttle service was also a plus. We were picked up at the airport in a timely fashion after our flight. We also used it to go to the Port of Miami. The first night we stayed, I didn't realized we had to "reserve" the shuttle for our afternoon transport to the Port, so when we went to down to the main desk that morning, the shuttle service was fully booked. The lady at the desk had us wait for Luis (I think he was the manager of the shuttle service) and he so kindly fit us in and took us to the Port. He was very kind and treated us very nicely. He also gave us some good advice on the way to the Port in regards to safety on our cruise.
We also relaxed outside by the pool. I didn't actually use the pool, so I don't know how the water was, but the only negative thing was that it was a little loud with emergency sirens/traffic and we even heard chickens outside by the pool.
The water in the shower could have been warmer. I'm used to hotter water, but this is only a petty thing.
I never seen any restaurants close to the hotel, but I didn't get out and walk the block either.
Anyway, the is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and the price is reasonable for everything you get. Oh yeah, they also let us check in 1 1/2 hour early without any problems because I had made an error on our flight home.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank houndnurse1970

Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed here on three different occasions to visit a relative in Jackson Memorial Hospital. They give a wonderful discount to visitors to the medical campus and to out-patients staying in the hotel. They provide free shuttle service to the Jackson medical campus and to the Port of Miami. The venue is new, spotlessly clean, and the rooms are spacious with microwave, fridge, and wide, flatscreen TV. One reviewer wrote that it is "run down" and the room smelled of smoke. Nonsense. He may be a competing hotelier trying to bash this fine hotel for his own gain, but whatever his motivation his comments are completely fictional. Another reviewer said it is in a bad area. We walked back and forth to the hospital every day and never had a single worry. A great place to stay!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms. We stayed in three different rooms. Try the University Restaurant a short walk away. Good Greek and Italian food.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed at the Springhill Suites East/Medical Center 2 days before our cruise. After reading alot of reviews about hotels in the downtown area, we decided on this one. Mainly for the price of $99 per night plus the rooms would accomodate 5 people each with no additional fees. There were no surprises. Many of the comments I read were right on, so i was not disappointed in the least. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The room are very spacious, new and clean with very comfortable beds. The pool is a bit small but was perfect size to refresh yourself or get some sun. The hotel is not located in a tourist area so there is not much to do in the neighborhood. University Sports Bar is located within walking distance for a quick sandwich or drinks. Even though the neighborhood looked a little run down I never felt unsafe and really never noticed the traffic noise. If you have a longer stay a car would be useful even though parking is a bit high at $13.00 a night. The free hot breakfast was great in the morning with many options. They do provide a free shuttle from Miami International Airport, just call the hotel when you arrive. They also provide shuttle service to Bayside Marketplace at scheduled times. This is a great place to spend a day shopping or to catch lunch or dinner. Shuttle service was also provided to the Port of Miami for a $5.00 charge per person. A cab may have been a bit cheaper, since your so close.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel and I would not hestitate to stay here again.

2  Thank Jerry P

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Rooms are clean, modern and come with a fridge and microwave. We have stayed at this hotel 4 times so far. Great place to stay the night befor/ after a cruise. Your vehicle is in secure parking for $15/ day. Would reccomend to friends :-) Louis is a asset ( one of the drivers) Transportation to the port or hospital is a free servce provided at this hotel. Note: return service is NOT provided for the port.

Room Tip: all rooms are suites